‘97 Cobra Restomod

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
could've been solvent pop. I spot shot around that area and maybe I didn't wait long enough for the second coat. I wiped it down super good with windex then wax and grease remover. oil being in that spot is highly unlikely.

here it is. kinda looks like a hair fell on the surface and I painted over it, maybe it was oily or something. oh well :D

pop.jpg

anyhow, got that hood on and the sailpanels all resealed
reseal.jpg

mondy2.jpg
money3.jpg

almost there....

money.jpg

Attachments

• money4.jpg
    money4.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
Looking good man! What did you use for new seals on the sail panels?

plain old indoor outdoor weather stripping. I need to make sure it seals water out really well. if it doesn't when i do the roof again I'll swap it out for something else.

oh and I'm about 80% sure after all is said and done I'm gonna have the car repainted by a pro. my shop just isn't clean enough to do the quality I want.

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
I've been wanting to do this for forever and here it is:

relocating the window and lock controls to the center of the car.

Why? cause its cool and this might actually allow me some much simpler much more sturdy door panels.
also, i didn't need the door lock sensors or speaker wires anymore so... weight reduction? :D

win1.jpgwin2.jpgwin3.jpgwin4.jpg

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
nah, im wanting to delete the one i got and do something like this in the center console:
retroswitches.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
nah, im wanting to delete the one i got and do something like this in the center console:
View attachment 13192
the one touch relay was inside of the drivers door and was the little gizmo that made it so when you tapped the switch the window went all the way down. I was saying if you got a 2nd, you can make both windows go down with a tap of each switch. It would not matter what switch you used.

You know I make switch panels right?

R3pYha5.jpg

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
the one touch relay was inside of the drivers door and was the little gizmo that made it so when you tapped the switch the window went all the way down. I was saying if you got a 2nd, you can make both windows go down with a tap of each switch. It would not matter what switch you used.

You know I make switch panels right?

yeah i know what ya meant, its a cool idea but if anything I'd simplify the wiring even more. your panels are cool i'm just not going for that modern of a style.

You keeping the side skirts off?
I’m kind of digging how it looks without them

yep, she is as she's gonna be. that was the dream from the beginning, just like the original sn95 concept car.

1994_mustang_concept_03.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I can use what ever switch you want, but have it labeled and looking the way you want. No big deal I have other stuff keeping me busy with the cnc, just offering if you don't know someone to do make it.

It would not be hard to put in the ashtray if you have it.

pXJZtnt.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
that looks awesome. I'll keep it in mind when i make the custom center console.

Oh and today she was dyno'd. 320RWHP. Pretty much what i expected for a full bolt on 99 cobra drivetrain.

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
okay so here she is. looks like about 320rwhp (maybe a little more torque). I think we're out of the woods on the new engine situation. I gotta figure out some electrical stuff so i can get her inspected and registered.

dyno.jpg

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
to wrap up getting all the controls off the doors i relocated the mirror adjuster to the dash

mirrors.jpg

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
either modified cluster bezel or however i mount my custom gauges. still deciding on all that. depending on what i do with the center console i might have you make me a switch plate for that stuff.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.