‘97 Cobra Restomod

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
AC and heater are done. She's been running great.
Next weekend the tuner is supposed to reset the idle.
I'm gonna try and put break in miles on this thing while I wait for the new year since I can't get it inspected (and thusly registered) without cats in this county.
AC.jpg

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Break in miles on what? Go out and beat on it. Total seal recommends that you go straight to racing on new rings to make sure they break in properly.

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
Break in miles on what? Go out and beat on it. Total seal recommends that you go straight to racing on new rings to make sure they break in properly.

rings are good, she was dyno'd and made good power, no smoke. sounds awesome. now its just normal 500-1000 mile break take it easy for a bit to help the bearings last.
ford calls for it on all their new cars, too. its pretty standard. plus, i've got all new brakes, diff, and gears all assembled by the lowest bidder (me) so I wanna be cautious for a bit.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
To each his own I guess. My engines get assembled and go straight to making wide open blasts, given the tune is good of course. Same with my transmissions and differentials. A couple runs through the gears and make sure it shifts, then let it rip.

If you survived the dyno time, there’s nothing you’ll do on the street that’ll blow it up.

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
To each his own I guess. My engines get assembled and go straight to making wide open blasts, given the tune is good of course. Same with my transmissions and differentials. A couple runs through the gears and make sure it shifts, then let it rip.

If you survived the dyno time, there’s nothing you’ll do on the street that’ll blow it up.

Oh i know, I think this is more about bearing life long term. It would probably be fine either way, I'd like to put a few hundred easy going miles on it first just to get a feel for things and work out bugs anyhow.

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
window switches and door locks officially relocated with vintage style switches. now i can start mocking up the console.

switches 2.jpgswitches1.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I will tip my hat to you for integrating into the window wiring because of all the wiring that could have been in there it is the hardest to diagnose/troubleshoot/ect.

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
thanks man, it did take some head scratchin. now that I have everything I need working in the car I can start deleting wiring.

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
I've made some decisions.

No center console.
the 01+ oem unit looks a lot cleaner than the earlier versions and has flat surfaces i can mount the switches to. trying to locate one now.
doors: Scott rod door panels.int.jpg

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
switches, 03+ anniversary console and shifter bezel.
It all needs refinishing but you can see where I'm going now.
I'm still working out the exact shape i want for the cover plate.
0.jpg1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
The dash flat black was more of a semi gloss so it doesn't quite match the true flat for the console. It'll do for now.

blackonblack1.jpgconsole1.jpg

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
Had to destroy a ecoboost lincoln that thought it could outpace a cobra. First time I ever gave it the full beans. Felt so flippin good, y'all.
The tuner tamed the idle a smidge and I decided she needs some resonators.
Also, got the materials to do the sidepipes

sidepipes.jpg

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
took me a bit to get the proportions where i wanted them. I want to make a sort of heat shield cover to mask the fact that one side is 3cm longer than the other.dp1.jpgdp2.jpgdp3.jpg

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
Nope, generic unbranded seats. They're good but if you have broad shoulders like me you'll need to mod them a smidge. I got em when they were like half the listed price.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online