00 Gt idle problems

07GtS197

Reaction score
So I’ve been having issues not too long after I bought my 00. It’s too long of a story so I’ll just link a thread to another forum that’s not helping

00 Gt Running Rough

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...g-Rough.2510673/&share_type=t&link_source=app

In addition to what’s in the thread the car has TR6 plugs, oem coils with about 120k miles on them, 24# injectors, egr delete, cai, longtubes, o/r x pipe, flowmasters and underdrive pullies. It did it with the tune that was on it and the canned tune I put on it to compensate for the mods. Also I’d like to add that sometimes randomly it’ll rev itself to like 1500 rpms for a couple seconds and go back down. Now it runs rough and has a small surge. It runs perfectly fine at wot though. Any thoughts before I burn this thing to the ground?

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
Checked already, none found. Plus it has negative fuel trims at idle which is the opposite of what it would have with a vacuum leak at idle.

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
It’s a canned tune. I’ve ran them before so I know it’s not the tune, and it ran crappy on the tune the car came with. The po didn’t know anything about the car so I can’t even ask where it was originally done.

Monday

Reaction score
It sounds like the tunes(?) have shut stuff off.

I redid every single hose, line, and connection on mine. RE-Clamped (new clamps) everything; re-sealed the EGR with thread tape (new gaskets/super sand job on the valve itself), clamps on DPFE hoses (top & tube). As a precaution, I also used Dielectric Grease on most of the fittings - make sure no air is coming in or going out.

Have you done the gas cap test? Gas cap replaced? If it doesn't hiss - you got a leak; you gets lights on your dash - double down on the Rear O2 Sensors.

A poorly installed DPFE; poorly installed EGR Valve; poorly installed CAI equalling to a MAF malfunction... any one or the three together will f'up your motor.

Remember, that 4.6 is just a big compressor, and compressors bite the big one if not taken care of...

I'm just sayin

Monday

Reaction score
I also forgot to say that I replaced both capacitors in the Computer. If you can, get a friend, or perhaps, diy, the repair. That alone saved me 500 bucks, by doing the two of them myself. They're incredibly easy to destroy, but to do yourself, once you have a plan, can be done in two to four hours; un-soldering, then soldering in new capacitors.

As far as I'm concerned, I have a new computer; with the work mentioned above the car now runs perfectly.

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
Both tunes made it run like crap, and the x4 won’t let you turn off emissions equipment.

Car has an egr delete along with all the electronics associated with it. Can’t find any vacuum leaks but it does seem like one.

I suspect the ecu at this point but I’ll check things like the gas cap when I can. I’m stuck isolating since I caught the Rona.

Monday

Reaction score
Both tunes made it run like crap, and the x4 won’t let you turn off emissions equipment.

Car has an egr delete along with all the electronics associated with it. Can’t find any vacuum leaks but it does seem like one.

I suspect the ecu at this point but I’ll check things like the gas cap when I can. I’m stuck isolating since I caught the Rona.
Ahh... sorry for you. Just shitty luck. Got a vax shot yet? If so, you should be really well protected - even if it's just first shot; it (rona19) won't kill you. Sorry man. Take care of yourself.

Are you sure about the x4? I read somewhere if I wanted to shut stuff off, BAMA, and a couple others too which do that.

Cheers 'n get well...

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
Thanks, no no vaccine. In all honesty I didn’t want it since we don’t know the long term side effects. I’m pretty much over it now but I still have to isolate. It was bad for like 5 days, not like what the media would make you think.

I have a canned tune because I didn’t want to pay for a legit tune when I’m not even sure how long I’d have a 2v in it. But when doing research it seems only a few tuners will turn off emissions equipment now. I know steeda won’t, lethal will. Eventually I might go that route.

Monday

Reaction score
Thanks, no no vaccine. In all honesty I didn’t want it since we don’t know the long term side effects. I’m pretty much over it now but I still have to isolate. It was bad for like 5 days, not like what the media would make you think.

I have a canned tune because I didn’t want to pay for a legit tune when I’m not even sure how long I’d have a 2v in it. But when doing research it seems only a few tuners will turn off emissions equipment now. I know steeda won’t, lethal will. Eventually I might go that route.
Fingers crossed for ya...

Canned tunes scare me. You don't get the old tune back - gotta buy a new comp, and that, well.

I'll pay a legit tune cuz you're gonna know just what has and has not been shut down.

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
A canned tune isn’t much different than a stock one with more fuel and timing but they’re safe. I’ve ran a few of them. Not the best thing but it’s a stop gap thing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online