01 Cobra....

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I have the opportunity to buy an 01 Cobra (I know I just made that thread about the truck.. I really need to get my priorities straight LOL) But thing that's holding me back from doing so is he wants $10k and it has obvious valve seal issues. Smokes on start up, and uses oil.... I know fixing that shit is NOT cheap. I dunno guys I'm on the fence about this one. It currently belongs to my friend that lives down the street from me that I literally grew up with lol. It's svt slobra's old Cobra for those of you that remember it...

1208987_4991932091213_1353954444_n.jpg

1235422_4994416033310_1646351671_n.jpg

313576_3270287291169_323957822_n.jpg

427403_2651264735992_440710353_n.jpg

slobra said he'd help me fix it, and he's a great friend and I'd be more than happy to have him help me fix it.. And I know he'd want to see it come back to life.. I just don't know. My buddy only trying to get what he paid for it, which at the time he bought it it was worth the 10k haha, but faaaak. Help me out fellas

bonestock3.8DTH

Reaction score
I remember that car! And damn it looks good, that rear end shot is absolutely sexy. I don't understand why he is asking for what he paid for it especially from a friend but if you think its a good enough buy then get it!

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I remember when i was on live and you were talkin to slowbra about the car. How much mileage does it have? If it's gonna cost a lot to fix, see if you could take em down on the price a little bit. Anything else wrong with the car?

WhiteVenom

Reaction score
That thing is sick. What's the mileage on it? If that's really the only issue, and if he's willing to help, then I wouldn't let that hold you back. I can't really speak on price/if it's a good deal since I haven't looked into new edge cobras lately but if it's as nice as it looks, I'd probably pay that. Yeah, getting the seals replaced is gonna suck, but think about how badass it'll be to have once that's done

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I have to say he has kept it in top notch condition since he bought it. First time he's ever done that in his whole life LOL...

But nope nothing else wrong with it other than the seals. 145k but slobra had the motor redone not too many miles ago, and the body is in mint condition.. Miles are just a number fellas.

That bastard slobra did this car to my ideal liking haha like... I want it haha

svt slobra

Reaction score
not gonna lie joey, it's gonna really suck to see that car alot man. it was like a 2nd child to me and till this day i wish i dint sell it(got in a hard spot).....but i couldnt think of a person i would like to see with it more!!.......this car is worth 20k to me but thats because i poured my soul into it

chris91

Reaction score
I wouldn't do 10k for it personally. I know where a Electric Green Cobra is with a Terminator swap for 11k with like 75k miles on it.

svt slobra

Reaction score
the big picture here joey is, if it's what you want then get it. anthony isnt going to take lower, i mean he is already losing money. if you get it, we can fix it up over winter........look at it this way man, you would have less in the cobra than you do the gt

WhiteVenom

Reaction score
Yeah I have to say he has kept it in top notch condition since he bought it. First time he's ever done that in his whole life LOL...

But nope nothing else wrong with it other than the seals. 145k but slobra had the motor redone not too many miles ago, and the body is in mint condition.. Miles are just a number fellas.

That bastard slobra did this car to my ideal liking haha like... I want it haha

Mileage is a little high, but it sounds like the car's been done right and with a fresh motor, I say go for it. Obviously get it for the lowest possible price, but if you like the car and are happy with the deal, that's all that matters. If I were in your spot and it was a different color (just personally, I hate keeping up black lol) I'd be all over that. I paid $7500 for my '97 Cobra with ~115k miles (broken odo) so that sounds like a decent deal to me, especially knowing the history and previous owners

**^slobra hit the nail on the head

jedpony

Reaction score
Its a beautiful car dont get me wrong, but with that mileage and issue i would pass. Theres way better deals out there if your patient for 10k. That cobra isnt worth anywhere near 10k.

Nightmare

Reaction score
the big picture here joey is, if it's what you want then get it. anthony isnt going to take lower, i mean he is already losing money. if you get it, we can fix it up over winter........look at it this way man, you would have less in the cobra than you do the gt

Honestly though, when you sold it to him, it had less miles, and probably no seal issues. Joey, I would go to him with 9,000 cash and see what he does....I bet he will cut his perceived loss and will sell it to you. Take the friendship part out of it as well as the heart/soul/time part out of it and look at it for what it is, a 01 cobra with 145k on it that needs the engine resealed. It looks like a clean car and is worth the money it would cost to reseal it, but 9,000 is all I would give for it.

svt slobra

Reaction score
Honestly though, when you sold it to him, it had less miles, and probably no seal issues. Joey, I would go to him with 9,000 cash and see what he does....I bet he will cut his perceived loss and will sell it to you. Take the friendship part out of it as well as the heart/soul/time part out of it and look at it for what it is, a 01 cobra with 145k on it that needs the engine resealed. It looks like a clean car and is worth the money it would cost to reseal it, but 9,000 is all I would give for it.

nightmare is exactly right.....but for some reason i say DO IT joey .........and ill buy it back from ya later in life haha

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
145K miles
Motor issues
01 Cobra :nono:
10K asking price

I would pass. You'll find something much better if you're patient.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I paid $12k for my red car and it was in pristine condition. $10K for this one (with the issues and mileage) seems a bit high. If you could get it for around $8k, that's a little more reasonable IMO.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
so now he's in terminator range $10k + 3500 -- albeit your heads are better than the terminator ones.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online