01 Cobra....

Discussion in '96-04 - 4V Specific' started by KillNThrill24, Sep 30, 2013.

1. MustangChris

MustangChris Post Whore Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

true. In my mind (as i was writing that) i was thinkin $15k - negotiations... but yea, i agree. they arent "advertised" at 13 unless there's something wrong with them.

2. Orange 94

Orange 94 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

Get a V6!

[​IMG]

no? oh okay :laughing5:

3. chris91

chris91 Well-Known Member

4. Nightmare

Nightmare Well-Known Member

Can you even get a smashed up one for 13k lol

5. MustangChris

MustangChris Post Whore Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

saw one rear ended on ebay for 9k -- thats the lowest ive seen. :)

6. svt slobra

svt slobra Well-Known Member

there was one in kentucky with 90k miles but rebuilt title about a year ago for 12k .....and looked great

7. KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24 Legend

Thanks for the responses fellas. Won't lie tho, the 99/01 Cobra has been my favorite Mustang for years. Most people like to say it's "not a real Cobra" but I definitely beg to differ. It's as much a Cobra as the 98's are, if not a tad more. I'm not gonna turn into our old pal cobraracer and be like OMFG COBRA THIS TERMI****INNATOR THAT BREMBO BREMBO BREMBO TERMINATOR BREMBO!!! Haha so don't worry about that guys...

The way I see it is this.. I'm giving him 5k up front and doing the other 5k in payments. Because that works out so much better for me and would probably allow me to get the valve seal issue fixed by spring. Turdstang isn't going anywhere.. I'm up to my ears in money I've sunk into it.. And I love it wayyy too much to part the seas with it. My mom told me "your gonna need a good cover for that thing for the winter" so she's already figured that it's staying put.

With my good friend [MENTION=16507]svt slobra[/MENTION] helping me out, together we'll have her up and running in no time, and be ready to live a new life by Spring. It should be a fun Winter working on Mustangs with him and our buddy Brian. Then the fun starts in the Spring :) My mind is almost 100% made up on this. It works in every aspect. And I know I know... 145k.. But like I said motor has been rebuilt, or freshened up if you will, tranny seems to be good still (T56 will go in when this takes a shit) so I'm not worried about that.. The body has been kept so clean tho.. I'll never have to worry about any kind of rust. I think this should happen guys. All comes down to what my dad says (which he was the one who drove it home the day my buddy bought it, and he loved it) and what the bank says. Haters gonna hate, but I love me some 99/01 haha

8. svt slobra

bravo joey

9. KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24 Legend

Thanks Jimbo. It's all your fault man hahaha.. And on that note I REALLY need to go to bed LOL

10. DeepList

DeepList Administrator Admin SN95 Supporter

No hate this way. :D
    Luv me some 99/01 too!

11. Orange 94

You want to get this cobra and keep your current car?

I'd recommend not doing this... one will end up sitting or both will be broken at the same time.
    IMO you should keep/get one or the other and then pick up a daily.

12. the5.ohh

the5.ohh Legend

YES! Dude an 01 Cobra or 03-04 termi are my dream cars. Oh and have fun keeping that black paint clean, ask me how i know haha

13. Orange 94

how do you know?

14. KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24 Legend

That's right haha you've got 2 99s! You still rock a daily?

I'm not new to the whole 3 car thing man. Done it before. I'm pretty fair on my driving with each car too. Besides while I'm driving one I'll probably build the other or something. Haven't decided on anything like that yet. I'll cross that bridge when I get there!

Haha yeah man I've had a black car before. The minute your wash it its dirty again. Just the joys of owning a black car!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

15. the5.ohh

the5.ohh Legend

haha

16. DeepList

DeepList Administrator Admin SN95 Supporter

Oh yes... well not "daily" but on days when the temp is 60+ degrees and sunny, the red car is sure to be out.

17. ttocs

ttocs Post Whore

buying a car with issues from a friend trying to get every penny out that he paid for it - I don't see this ending well myself. I would at the very least expect to take the price of the repairs off of the top I mean it isn't really fair for you to fix his fun to watch him walk away even. But maybe you can get lucky and find another friend to sell it to him for the same price you both paid for it neglecting any repairs that friend #3 might need to make. maybe....

18. svt slobra

pretty sure when im like 60 years old, my son should come buy my cobra from joey for one of those"presents for dad" kinda things......sucks cause i still call it my cobra haha ...ill have to work on calling it joeys cobra

19. svt slobra

he is by no means walking away even man.....put new granatelli cop's on it....new rear wheel(his mess up) and brand new corsa exhaust

20. KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24 Legend

Hahaha Jim be talking like I already bought the thing! The parts are about $100 then fluids head gaskets and studs... labor will be free and maybe a few cases of beer hahaha. So all in all not that expensive.

But yeah that Corsa wasn't cheap and neither were the Grants... You can't even buy the Corsa anymore but it sold for 1800 when it was made lol. Grants are about 400 I think plus he bought a tuner which are 400 iirc... plus the little things like floor mats and handles and billet shit lol so yeah he's losing a good bit on it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2