01 GT with 5.4L DOHC and 03-04 cobra blower

2002BLGT

Reaction score
Just thought I would share what I get to tune in a couple weeks , I put a start up tune on it Saturday so the FR500 cams can get broke in and drive it around to seat the rings before we put it on the dyno

IMG01164.jpg

IMG01163.jpg

IMG01162.jpg

Alot of work has went into this , and guy wants to see if one of the magazines wants to do an article on it

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
clean car, I am just not big on the grille. Those painted black with a tri bar on the side look sick though ;p

I have seen one other of these before. 5.4 in a mustang that is. very rare, and pretty cool!

mygreengt

Legend
Reaction score
clean car, I am just not big on the grille. Those painted black with a tri bar on the side look sick though ;p

I have seen one other of these before. 5.4 in a mustang that is. very rare, and pretty cool!
the grille! did you not see the things in the bumper!?

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
love the ride. hate the head-cooling-mod location on the upper radiator hose...

other than that, looks great. love the hood cut out on the heaton!

OP
OP

2002BLGT

Reaction score
The things on the bumper are for air duct vents for the front brakes , the car used to be road course raced , those and the grille will probably be changed in the future , I think he is leaning towards 03-04 cobra bumpers and side skirts

mustangspartan

Reaction score
I would say with the vents in the bumper the 03-04 front bumper would be a perfect replacement so it comes out looking smooth. I dont know how much magazine time youll get with that hood and being cut might want to look at a new one for that. The build looks interesting.. Any pics on the process what has been done to not only the engine but the rest of this beast?

OP
OP

2002BLGT

Reaction score
well we finally got it on the dyno the other day , we got a baseline tune on it so he can drive it more to bring the engine in , the rings have not seated yet so we may get more aggressive with the tune in a few weeks

IMG01232.jpg

RobbyWdynorun.jpg

It fell way short of 600 and even short of 500 by a good bit , I have no doubt with more aggressive tuning , porting the blower and better elbow for the TB that we could get closer to 500 but I think the biggest problem is the 03-04 cobra blower is too small for the 5.4 and DOHC heads , this thing is making close to GT500 torque numbers but the HP is low because the boost is dropping off after 4300 rpms from 15 down to 10 , oh and by the way , if anybody does this swap the IAC valve goes on as pictured in this picture

429 RWHP 509 RWTQ

got5.0

Reaction score
cool idea. Needs more whipple though if you want to maximize the potential... Like you said, an unported 03/04 cobra blower is definitely too small.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online