01 seats fit? Just change tracks?

94classic

Reaction score
Wanting to buy black leather seats out of a 2001 GT and want to know if the front seats will work if I change the tracks? Correct? Also will the backseat work? Thanks

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Why change the tracks? If you have power seats just change the plugs. The seats are the same. Also yes, the back seats are the same.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
the new edge seats have several mounting holes in the bottom. should work fine on 94-98 tracks

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
This ^

And as already stated, no need to change the tracks, just the plugs.

However, the '99-'04 seats sit higher in a '94-'98.

GT Rob

Reaction score
Also doing a 99 charcoal gray swap what's this plug you speak of. (Sorry to high Jack your thread 94classic)

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You will only need to use 3 of the wires/pins in the newer seats. (One wire is for the seat belt indicator light in the dash. The 99+ models have the seat belt latch attached directly to the seat, so that wire can be ignored completely.) With the ground wire of the 4 pin connector facing top left, you need power to the lower 2 pins/wires. The one facing top right is for the seat belt indicator and therefore not used.

OP
OP
94classic

94classic

Reaction score
Also doing a 99 charcoal gray swap what's this plug you speak of. (Sorry to high Jack your thread 94classic)

No problem GT Rob! We are all on the same team here. I haven't seen these seats yet except pics and I swear they look black and I know for sure they never made them but in charcoal as a dark color. I have a black and grey color scheme so I'm kinda wondering how they will look cause the seats and console all are grey. But thanks for all your help guys as always we all help each other out.

9838stang

Reaction score
I have Mach1 seats and they sit higher, Fact.

Im just saying my cobra seats are the same height as my stockers.

the back rest does seem to be another 2 inches taller but other wise the base of the seat seams to be the same height to me.

OP
OP
94classic

94classic

Reaction score
Put the seats in bolted right up crimped the two green wires to the one coming out of the floor and black to black. Also used the original seat belt that attach to the trans hump instaead of the bolted ones on the side of the seat. Way more power seat functions and yes they do for a fact set up a little higher. But we love the leather and new look to the car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online