02 cobra problems

cobra4978

Reaction score
I've got a buddy that has an 02 cobra, real sweet car but when it's cold has a real bad bucking problem and boggs itself down when shitfting to the higher gears. I thought it could either be timing or a sparkplug somewhere. I'm not real familiar with the 02 engines so any comments or help would be great. He has done nothing to the car since he bought it. It does have a timing adjuster on it but is marked off to where it's supposed to be. Looks to me if it was the timing it would do it all the time and not just when it was cold.. but i dont know. What do you guys think?

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
HIs first problem would be that it's a mythical 02 Cobra. Unless you are in Oz?

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
J.R. said:

I wasn't gonna be the dick to say it but yeah. But actually they did make '02 Cobras, they were all shipped to Australia.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
J.R. said:

damn damn damn, im tired of getting in on threads too late to point out great stuff like this :santa_grin:

rgs

Reaction score
OnyxCobra said:
J.R. said:

I wasn't gonna be the dick to say it but yeah. But actually they did make '02 Cobras, they were all shipped to Australia.

and they have the ugliest front bumper knows to man
Andrews02Cobra.jpg

car_photo_4098_7.jpg

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
They were NEVER a U.S. car ( for sale or on dealer lots ) so thats why we all consider it a NON made production year. Who in the hell would want one anyway with that 4.......no make that 6 eyed front end :santa_lipsrsealed:

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well it had to be made to Australia spec so that's what they came up with. I'll agree it's definitely the worst Cobra front end ever built.

OP
OP
C

cobra4978

Reaction score
ok so there was no cobra made in 02 what was the las year for them then? before they made them again in 03?

OP
OP
C

cobra4978

Reaction score
nevermind i just found out for myself in 01 so now i pose a new question to go along with my first. He calls his car an 03 but it is not due to the absence of the eaton so it must be an 01. The same question still remains plus i would like to know why in the hell was there no cobra for just one year? and then they went back to making them in 03? I'm not a dumbass when it come to mustangs i swear but i had no idea they did not make the cobra in 02 or i had just forgot.

rick focks

Post Whore
Reaction score
we aren't baggin' on you, we're just flexin' out cobra knowledge, i never seen one of teh 02s, your friend should be glad he doesn't have such a supa ugly cobra

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Why does he call it an '03 if it's not? That's lame, for anyone that knows what they're looking at it's an obvious difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online