02 Torch Stang

OP
OP
TORCH

TORCH

Reaction score
I ordered a torsion bar with splined ends. I went off of Nasa's rules in case i want to race with them. Then had to modify one side to accommodate the splines being off.
But was able to preload it if i need to instead of adjusting the tie rod ends. It worked out really nice.
On the front i took a 30mm stock sway bar and cut the ends and fabbed up 1/2 flat plate with a 30° angle to clear the tires at full turn. But it shortened the arm so the bar might be stiffer.

Last edited:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Oh very cool, never thought about that. You never know what your getting online so I was hoping it wasn't just a piece of pipe ya twisted up :)

OP
OP
TORCH

TORCH

Reaction score
ttocs and 96blak54, The hood on the car was just setting on it and i'll get the other pics for the wing.
36.jpg 26.jpg

Double pic.png

I did add the hood pins.

13.jpg

OP
OP
TORCH

TORCH

Reaction score
I started on the front with the K Member and suspension which helped with the new radiator mount. Sway bar and rotor cooling were easy to get figured out.

35.jpg 33.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ah ok. I thought the hose was under the frame rail where the bar mounts. Have you put a wheel on it yet to make sure that its not going to rub that hose? I thought the wheels got pretty close to the side at full crank. You can always put steering rack limiters in if its an issue but I am sure you know that.

OP
OP
TORCH

TORCH

Reaction score
Yea, I need to check it. Haven't done that again. I have driven the car doing some tuning . This is 2 years worth of pictures. I got more pictures.

OP
OP
TORCH

TORCH

Reaction score
Any body been on Barbers or Road Atlanta in a Stang. if so what speed did you get up to on the back strait away.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online