02 Torch Stang

OP
OP
TORCH

TORCH

Reaction score
Any body Racing with NASA group and would there be any advantage of moving all the controls back 6" to 12" and my seat.

OP
OP
TORCH

TORCH

Reaction score
Any one ever get a squeal on deceleration from 1750-1250 rpm. and i have changed up the belt combination to counter clock wise from clock wise single belt. Ran it with no powers steering, then no alternator and no belt at all. checked the throw out bearing. Would a oil catch can cause a squeal or noise.
this thing is driving me NUTS.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Any one ever get a squeal on deceleration from 1750-1250 rpm. and i have changed up the belt combination to counter clock wise from clock wise single belt. Ran it with no powers steering, then no alternator and no belt at all. checked the throw out bearing. Would a oil catch can cause a squeal or noise.
this thing is driving me NUTS.
If you can upload it on here or record the noise
Give us a better chance at finding out what's going on
Pcv valve will squeal if plugged
Hooking up the hoses wrong to vent valve covers will do it
It could many things

OP
OP
TORCH

TORCH

Reaction score
Thanks for the Reply. I pulled the trans and put a new Throw out Bearing in. seen a mark on the old one like it was spinning in the fork arm. Put it all back CHIRP, Squeal !!! WTF!!!.
So did some more research? So like a Dumb Ass when building the motor I put a oil catch in and hooked it to the Plenum on the drivers side. once the throttle was open ,no problem shut off it pulled so much vacuum on the motor its was squealing or chirping. so now its hooked the the other side of the Throttle body.
next problem!!! AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! I believe it sucked the main seal in on the back of the motor. You can see the oil can in the picture. Pass side fire wall.
I have an oil leak dead center. Nothing in the Bell housing but the SFI Bell housing plate does cover the seal up.
WTF.

16-jpg.9656

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
if that rear main seal is leaking it will puddle oil pretty good
I had one that would leak as it sits good size puddle

OP
OP
TORCH

TORCH

Reaction score
RAU, yep that's what its doing that annoying puddle. About the size of your palm.

OP
OP
TORCH

TORCH

Reaction score
Thanks Chithead, Worked on getting the roll bar in the correct position and having enough room to fully weld the bar ends.

roll bar8.jpg
roll bar7.jpg

Wonted the bar to flow with the pillar lines. So it wouldn't look like a soar thumb.

OP
OP
TORCH

TORCH

Reaction score
Well Finally got the main hoop in correctly so I can drop it and weld the top.

roll bar9.jpg
roll bar10.jpg
roll bar11.jpg
roll bar12.jpg

Its fitting pretty tight to the roof. Worried about seat, helmet touching the roll bar so probably going to have to make new seat brackets.

OP
OP
TORCH

TORCH

Reaction score
Got a little bit more done and the Nascar bars ordered. Should i build a dash or use the stock one and how would yall design the nascar bars to be put in Need some input ????

Down tubes.jpgdoor jam.jpgSD Nascar.png

Here is the design I was thinking of for the door bars ?????

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online