03 Cobra Control A-arms

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Do the 03/04 Control A-arms change the spacing of the front wheels to tuck closer back near the front fender. For example, I know some K-Members move the front wheels about a inch back, but I couldn't find anything on the A-arms. I like all the benefits you get with new bushings, low friction ball joints, and better turning radius. I know that the 96+ cars do not have change in geometry, but the 94-95 cars have different spindles. Anyone got any information?

RichV

Reaction score
What exactly do you want to accomplish?

The 94/95 spindle is different due to the steering rack/rod alignment, also it is not as wide as the 96-04 spindle. Read here ... http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Front-Suspension-Tech-C565.aspx

Aftermarket K members and control arms want to move the front wheels forward, this is for better handling. It increases caster.

I run standard FCA from a 03 IIRC, with the global west offset bushings. They bring the front wheels forward by almost an inch. Stock 94 spindles. IIRC the 03/04 Cobra FCA had a little stiffer bushing and had a better turning radius, so I think that would be a little more angle at lock-to-lock. And the low friction joints.

Did you find a new set? Or are they used?

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I found a new set. They are are kind of expensive because there a limited quantity, but I do want to upgrade to new 03/04 Arms. I was just concerned if it moved the wheels back. I saw a side angle picture of someone's sn95 and saw the wheels were not centered in the wheel well and I thought the 03/04 Arms did this.

IMAG0061-1.jpg

9838stang

Reaction score
Nope mine are like that. Its from lowering the car. From How the factor suspension is design, when it compresses the angle of the control arm basically pushed backward.

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Nope mine are like that. Its from lowering the car. From How the factor suspension is design, when it compresses the angle of the control arm basically pushed backward.

Really I never knew that. Is it from lowering the car incorrectly without c/c plates and bumpsteer? I installed my maximum motorsports c/c plates and steeda bumpsteer years ago and mine doesn't push back like that on stock a-arms.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
My car has a 2" drop with stock A-arms and my wheels are just as far back as they where before I dropped it... Dropping it didn't change the position if the tire at all..
aWlbKGm.jpg

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Yep you guys are right. I just looked at my car and it looks the same in the above pictures.

1013100_659297642128_1899217734_n.jpg

RichV

Reaction score
It's not from lowering the car. The SNs just look like that from some angles.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
How much do Cobra A Arms go for these days? I know rock auto sells the pair with new bushings for around $270 or so. My caster is maxed out and I know that when I go lower it will look uneven. Thankfully getting rid of fender gap minimizes the look of this problem. But that only does so much to actually correct the problem. I have been considering getting some new control arms for a while, just don't know whether to go with these or MM's offset ones.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I don't think there worth the 300 bucks to be honest.

Here is mine and while I'm not slammed by any means I have a solid 2.5" drop. Somehow it stayed aligned perfect. I didn't believe the tech I had them show me the computer and sure enough it was fine.

20140222_141942.jpg

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
How much do Cobra A Arms go for these days? I know rock auto sells the pair with new bushings for around $270 or so. My caster is maxed out and I know that when I go lower it will look uneven. Thankfully getting rid of fender gap minimizes the look of this problem. But that only does so much to actually correct the problem. I have been considering getting some new control arms for a while, just don't know whether to go with these or MM's offset ones.

Thanks for letting me know that, I saw on stangsuspension that they run for a whopping 466.00 :eek:

I don't think there worth the 300 bucks to be honest.

Here is mine and while I'm not slammed by any means I have a solid 2.5" drop. Somehow it stayed aligned perfect. I didn't believe the tech I had them show me the computer and sure enough it was fine.

20140222_141942.jpg

The drop looks great for those wheels ;) I really like the polished cobra brakes!

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know that, I saw on stangsuspension that they run for a whopping 466.00 :eek:

The drop looks great for those wheels ;) I really like the polished cobra brakes!

Almost identical drop to yours if I am seeing it correctly hehe. They should look right at home ;)

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Almost identical drop to yours if I am seeing it correctly hehe. They should look right at home ;)

Haha, you bet! I am running H&R super sport springs with isolators, and maximum motorsport 4 way c/c plates with steeda bumpsteer. I bet its going to be night and day difference with 18x9 wheel/tire combo up front for handling.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Haha, you bet! I am running H&R super sport springs with isolators, and maximum motorsport 4 way c/c plates with steeda bumpsteer. I bet its going to be night and day difference with 18x9 wheel/tire combo up front for handling.

Yeah get a good steer tire. I love the Azenis amazing tires.

Yours will be a smoother ride bc your springs aren't as stiff.

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Yeah get a good steer tire. I love the Azenis amazing tires.

Yours will be a smoother ride bc your springs aren't as stiff.

I love these springs it was one of the best purchases I ever made. I use to ride Ford-C springs, wow that was harsh spring. I sold them on here a few years ago. It rides like stock but handles great and has good street manners.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I love these springs it was one of the best purchases I ever made. I use to ride Ford-C springs, wow that was harsh spring. I sold them on here a few years ago. It rides like stock but handles great and has good street manners.

Tomorrow

imagejpg1-1.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online