03 cobra wheel help

billmacomber1987

Reaction score
I have stock 03 cobra wheels on my sn they are the painted finish in a 17x9 I was wondering of any companys made the cobra wheels in an 18 and maybe a little wider with the same finish im asking because I like the wheels a lot and the look great on a black sn but the rear wheels and tires look very small compared to the front wheels and the wheel well size si I want to get new rear wheels in an 18 so give it a better look I know I wont be able to rotate the wheels or tires or anything but im not to wearied about that. So if any one knows if any companies make them wheels in an 18

OP
OP
B

billmacomber1987

Reaction score
i didnt see any in the painted finish ans i cant find anything in an 18. everything is polished or chrome i likw the finish i have and i dont have the money for 4 new rims. plus i like the off set look

LI98GT

Reaction score
To give you another option, I have '03 Cobra rims and put on a pair of 1.25" wheel adapters to get rid of the pinched in look on the rear. The '03 Cobras are 1" wider than the stock 17" rims, but still looks to be in too much on the rear IMO. Some people feel uncomfortable with this option, but for me, I doublecheck the torque of the lugs on both the wheels and the ones that hold down the adapters and I'm OK. At the last car show that I was at, I had these guys trying to figure out how they looked flush.

Here's and older pic from the rear and a current one from the front so you can see what they look like on.
523851_26_full.jpg

523851_48_full.jpg

OP
OP
B

billmacomber1987

Reaction score
I was thinking about that for a while I almost got some but. Im into drifting I know a mustang drifting weird right but I don’t think it would we a good idea to put that much stress on the wheel spacer. And that is also why I wanted the 18inch wheels so I could eliminate some of the side wall flex in the tire

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
yeah dont use spacers if your going to be doing track racing, UNLESS you get the flush type without built in studs, then get stronger and longer studs and you will be fine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online