03 Front bumper on 96 gt?

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
i have seen one pic of a guy on this forum who has a 03 cobra front bumper on his 96-98gt and he said he had to cut to fit and it is starting to warp. i wanted to do this same thing but im not sure on how it will all work out. how do i stop it from warping? isnt there a sealer you put on where you cut? give as much feedback as you can and if you have pics of what im talking about feel free to post them up

Rantheman

Reaction score
abc exclusive makes a direct swap 03 myper than fits right on to the sn95

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Rantheman said:

not trying to be a dick but spell check and rewrite that because that made no sense to me.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
i went to abc exclusive and the thing they had said its a "cover" but its a urethaine hahah i didnt know they made URETHAINE bumper COVERS haha
they need to fix that. so that "bumper cover" is the actual front bumper correct? can be painted, sanded, same as any other bumper

yellowgt

Reaction score
I have seen this bumper swap on our cars before and IMO it just doesn't look that great.

It looks good on the new edge stangs but our body lines just don't match the 03 Cobra bumper.

Good luck with the swap anyway.. :thumb:

Post some pics when you get it done.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
you have to do slight shavings and things as far as i know, unless its just a swap out in that cast i will like it because not many people do it. its something different and i love the 03 cobra front so. you dont have to like it cuz i still will!!! haha

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
my95gtstang said:
Rantheman said:

not trying to be a dick but spell check and rewrite that because that made no sense to me.

guess you can't help being a dick because he only spelled one word wrong...and it was probably a typo.

Ender

Reaction score
my95gtstang said:
i went to abc exclusive and the thing they had said its a "cover" but its a urethaine hahah i didnt know they made URETHAINE bumper COVERS haha
they need to fix that. so that "bumper cover" is the actual front bumper correct? can be painted, sanded, same as any other bumper

Your car has a urethane bumper cover on it right now. :hammer: The actual bumper is metal, and located underneath the pretty painted part called a bumper cover. Urethane is the material you want. The alternative is fiberglass, which is cheaper initially, but requires a lot more prep work and is very easy to damage.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
i just seen somebodys sig here with a pic of the 03 bumper on thier car ???

97WhitePony

Reaction score
Ender said:
my95gtstang said:

Your car has a urethane bumper cover on it right now. :hammer: The actual bumper is metal, and located underneath the pretty painted part called a bumper cover. Urethane is the material you want. The alternative is fiberglass, which is cheaper initially, but requires a lot more prep work and is very easy to damage.

HAHA.... BURNED....
But i will agree with the rest somewhat.... Ive seen that bumper on a few cars and i could live with it... but i think its just to "sharp" for the car... this car needs curves... its basically one big curvy whore... just my two cents

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
yeah i agree,
cool idea , if you do try to water sand
the edges a little bit to make them smoother,
that might help it flow a little better.

Rantheman

Reaction score
it doesn't look bad but it deffinelty mad for the 03 cobra not sn95

kid rock

Reaction score
i actually like it, maybe its a color specific thing! wont be changing mine i like my roush front end to much!

Si

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
It looks like Bill cowhers chin :slap:

gabe8496

Reaction score
I love it...I actually feel its the right bumper for the 94-98's 'because it doesn't have the new edge body lines....

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
no but it sticks out like a foot more compared to the stock bumper cover.
just looks weird imo....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online