03 GT crank no start

scyntra

Reaction score
Hi all new to the forums needing some help plz.
ok 03 GT mostly stock (exhaust and intake)
car was running great parked it, the next morning crank no start.. a shot of starting fluid started right up run for a few sec and died.
ok fuel problem, checked the switch in the trunk not triped. unpluged wire and checked voltage to the fuel pump control module and have 11.59v and ground.
plug module back in and voltage droped to 2v on the + side, I think ok a short on the fuel pump or wire going to the pump.
drop the tank have 11.59v to the pump IF I unplug the ground.. plug groung back in and + side drops to 2v..
I think ok pump has a internal ground problem, replace the pump same thing have tryed 4 pumps from 4 places..
every now and then it will start (1/30 tryes if that) will stay running for anywhere from 10 sec to 2-3 min then dies and back to no start..
I got a fuel pump control module just to try it and no change..

I really have no clue where to go from here.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Its the fuel rail pressure sensor. Notorious fail problem!

Get this one...buddy replaced his fuel rail sensor cause it failed, lasted 2months...failed again! Now here is the kicker......that sensor was allowing fuel to pass through into the vacuum line, pumping fuel into the intake!!! Needless to say, it wasnt starting.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Oh and welcome to the forum!

Dont be holding out on us, post some pics of your car. You can whore your car out here. We like pics!

OP
OP
S

scyntra

Reaction score
oh I forgot it has a p1233 code (fuel system disabled)
thanks 96blak54 I will go and test the fuel rail sensor and see what happends

OP
OP
S

scyntra

Reaction score
well checked the wiring to the fuel rail pressure sensor and all good so I got a new fuel rail pressure sensor.. no change..still crank no start except 1/30 trys and runs rough when it does start will idle around but can't give it any gas or it instantly dies and back to no start..

OP
OP
S

scyntra

Reaction score
yes it has spark. a spray of starting fluid it starts right up..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online