03DSGGT's official Winter 2015 build thread (UPDATE 5/19 POST #81)

Tabres

Reaction score
Great looking project!

Got to say though, I think you're doing yourself a huge disservice by not tucking the injector harness in the valley below the intake. Would be quite easy to do and really clean up your engine bay.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Great looking project!

Got to say though, I think you're doing yourself a huge disservice by not tucking the injector harness in the valley below the intake. Would be quite easy to do and really clean up your engine bay.

I thought the same thing, and he said he will tuck when he figures out if he is going to keep the eddie or not.

OP
OP
03DSGGT

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
its all good, Im not looking forward to doing the wire tuck in the least bit as Im intimidated by wiring. I don't know wiring or electricity very well, so Ive always stayed away. I know it just lengthening and shortening wires, but if I do all that and something ends up not working, I don't know where to start to check things with a tester or volt meter. But I like the way a cleaned up engine bay looks, so eventually the car will get the engine bay welded up and smoothed and a wire tuck done....

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
its all good, Im not looking forward to doing the wire tuck in the least bit as Im intimidated by wiring. I don't know wiring or electricity very well, so Ive always stayed away. I know it just lengthening and shortening wires, but if I do all that and something ends up not working, I don't know where to start to check things with a tester or volt meter. But I like the way a cleaned up engine bay looks, so eventually the car will get the engine bay welded up and smoothed and a wire tuck done....

I know what you mean with all that! I hated electrical until I started my project, then I realized it is only hard if you make it that way. I have recently been tucking my engine bay. Its a total mess but the end result is well worth the headache. If you have the ability to build your car as well as it has been then you definitely have the ability to tuck some wires away. Most of the engine bay wiring tucks without cutting anything. One of the vendors here sells a wire tuck guide on PDF pretty cheap, Ill get his name if you want it.

OP
OP
03DSGGT

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought that manual a while back actually. It doesn't look too bad. Im going to be running an MSD 2 step as well, so there is basically double the wires running down the top of the valve covers, so Im going to have to do some rearranging on that as well. I may give it a shot next winter...

Barner1

Reaction score
You've got one of the best Mustangs on this entire site! Looks awesome!

DavidBoren

Reaction score
One of the best mustangs on this site? That is a bold claim, sir, with the likes of Kid9's cobra being on here. This is a clean build, a good start, but the bar has been set pretty high when it comes to the best mustangs on this site.

OP
OP
03DSGGT

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree, theres no way that I would ever claim to be one of the best. Heck its a 2 valve GT, not even a Cobra. There are guys on here that strictly build their cars to show, and that's not me....Im more about drag racing the car and looking decent while doing it...its by no means a show car...

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I think its the baddest New Edge on the site. So the best one IMHO. Making me want a DSG new edge now lol

cameron57

Reaction score
Nice build enjoy going 12s and 11s as long as you can. Cause once you go faster everthing else will always seem slow.

OP
OP
03DSGGT

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea I know what you mean. A few years back my goal was to have a 12 second car, now I'm focusing on 11s...I guess its a sickness...lol

OP
OP
03DSGGT

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I got the car buttoned up today. I notched my alternator bracket to fit, then I trimmed the provision for the cruise cable off of my throttle cable bracket. I ended up glass beading both brackets and shooting them with some Eastwood Underhood Black. Then I pulled the two wires out of my MAF harness and ran a remote IAT sensor to my intake tube, so when its at the tuners, he can swap in my 90mm MAF and not have to do any wiring, itll be plug and play. So that's about it. I fired it up to make sure there were no leaks and make sure I made the brackets for the fuel rail correctly. No fuel spraying out everywhere, so the swap was a success! Now hopefully the numbers back that up...On to the video:

[video=youtube_share;y8wZaXjjKPo]http://youtu.be/y8wZaXjjKPo[/video]

OP
OP
03DSGGT

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man that's sounding like a beast, is that hood going to close?

Thanks man, and the hood is very close, but it shuts. I tested it out right before I fired it up. I have a 1" spacer on it, I think if it was 1.5" or 2" tall we would have contact...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online