03DSGGT's official Winter 2015 build thread (UPDATE 5/19 POST #81)

OP
OP
03DSGGT

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I picked the car up from the tuners the other day. The car picked up some power, but nothing too impressive. I lost torque, which I knew I would, but the car feels just as strong as before and I can still roll into it at 25-30mph in 2nd gear and spin the tires, so I feel good about that. The car made 360rwhp/312rwtq. Tuner said that it was pretty hot and humid when he ran it, and if it was the same temp as when he dynoed it last year (about 32* cooler), it would have been closer to 370hp/325tq. I wish that the torque numbers were a little higher like 330-335, but it is what it is with a short runner intake. I was hoping for 20-25 hp gain, and if it was a little cooler out, I would be right in the ballpark with that, so Im OK with the hp number. Anyways, Im going to run it at the track sometime soon. Peak power was at 6500RPM, so Ill start out launching around 5700 and shifting at 6800-6900. I threw the drag wheels on to make sure everything fit with the Cobra front and rear brakes. So heres the pics of that:

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
That's awesome to see the hp go up man! It looks great on the slicks too. Where are you going to run this thing at? I'd like to watch the NA 2v beast in action

OP
OP
03DSGGT

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, Im going to probably run it at Thompson. My buddy has a pretty nasty '68 Chevelle that he's had since we were kids and its about ready for the track after a new motor, so we want to go out and run the cars together...should be sometime soon.

Firefighter181

Reaction score
What a sharp looking car! I really like the color combo with the offset drag wheels. Very nice!

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks man, Im going to probably run it at Thompson. My buddy has a pretty nasty '68 Chevelle that he's had since we were kids and its about ready for the track after a new motor, so we want to go out and run the cars together...should be sometime soon.
any pics of the chevelle? car looks sick btw! pretty good #'s imo but i'm not a huge horsepower guy so i know shit :undecided: lol

McCloud

Reaction score
Yeah that Eddy/6061 intake combo really kills the low end on these motors. Where did you make peak torque at?

OP
OP
03DSGGT

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
any pics of the chevelle? car looks sick btw! pretty good #'s imo but i'm not a huge horsepower guy so i know shit :undecided: lol

Lol thanks man, and I'll have to get some pics of the chevelle, its pretty nasty...

Yeah that Eddy/6061 intake combo really kills the low end on these motors. Where did you make peak torque at?

Peak power was right around 5500...

OP
OP
03DSGGT

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
[MENTION=14880]03DSGGT[/MENTION] could you share some info on your catch can setup, please?

I'm running a Moroso vented can that's mounted on the passenger side front crash bar. I have -8 AN lines running out of each valve cover to a Y block, then a single line into the can. I have Trick Flow valve covers which helped because at first I had a push in fitting on the passenger side where the PCV valve goes, but it leaked pretty bad, so I welded a threaded bung onto the valve cover so both sides have a threaded fitting going into the valve covers

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I'm running a Moroso vented can that's mounted on the passenger side front crash bar. I have -8 AN lines running out of each valve cover to a Y block, then a single line into the can. I have Trick Flow valve covers which helped because at first I had a push in fitting on the passenger side where the PCV valve goes, but it leaked pretty bad, so I welded a threaded bung onto the valve cover so both sides have a threaded fitting going into the valve covers

So you dont have any type of hose going back into the intake manifold? Did you notice any kind of idle instability or anything adverse from doing this?

Thanks for the response by the way.

OP
OP
03DSGGT

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you dont have any type of hose going back into the intake manifold? Did you notice any kind of idle instability or anything adverse from doing this?

Thanks for the response by the way.

Nothing going into the intake. I did this right before i had the car tuned so if there were any issues it could be taken care of right away. However, I deleted my EGR valve and PCV system at the same time and drove over an hour to the dyno shop with no issues. I didn't data log it, so I'm not sure if it threw anything off, but drivability was fine...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online