'04 4v engine

SWFLGT

Reaction score
I found an '04, 4v w/ ecu and harness out of a Marauder, what should I look out for when I go look at this? I imagine it would be in my best interest to inquire about a compression and leak down test. What kind of numbers should I be looking at with this engine?

Any advice is appreciated.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
If your intentions is to swap the engine in as is....unless its the deal of the century. ...be darn sure you hear the engine run!! Rev it up! Listen to it! Get it to operating temperature. If its not possible to listen to it, my opinion, PASS!

OP
OP
SWFLGT

SWFLGT

Reaction score
I do not intend to swap it in as is, I would like to build it up a bit. The seller is asking $2000 for it. It is not in a car and is sitting on an engine stand so I don't think there is any way for me to see it run unfortunately. I appreciate your feedback!

OP
OP
SWFLGT

SWFLGT

Reaction score
Define build up for me

The D3V

Forged rotating assembly, possibly stroked, valve train and cams. I am weighing my options and trying to figure out what I need to do to reach my goals. Unfortunately when I asked this seller if I could do some deeper inspections I got no answer back so I am assuming there are underlying issues.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Well if your gonna do all that who cares about numbers as long as there isn't a window in the block

The D3V

OP
OP
SWFLGT

SWFLGT

Reaction score
Yea I suppose your right about that, and maybe I will just do that. It never hurts to try.

OP
OP
SWFLGT

SWFLGT

Reaction score
Nope...I never got a reply back from him and he was not answering calls either so who knows.

I decided to stay with the 2v though. Picked up a set of stage 3 ported and polished PI heads with all new Manley valve train and a Keene Bell twin screw!!!:headbang:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online