'04 Mach1 Cylinder Head Cover Cleaning

Connie

Reaction score
Hi you all. I normally just pressure wash both our engines for car shows. But the Cyl Head Covers on the '04 Mach1 need a little more attention now. I was thinking of using my Degreaser Solution, but I'm worried it might discolor the Cover. I also have a Dawn Liquid mixture. But, will that be strong enough? DSC00301.JPG

apsmith49921

Reaction score
Try the dish soap first. Dawn is a pretty good degreaser that isn't too harsh. What you should do is take them off and have them coated wrinkle blue :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Connie

Connie

Reaction score
Try the dish soap first. Dawn is a pretty good degreaser that isn't too harsh. What you should do is take them off and have them coated wrinkle blue :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
That's funny, and a LOT of work. Ha. No, this Mach1 is staying completely stock. Your right though, I should use the safest solution first.

OP
OP
Connie

Connie

Reaction score
If its lightly covered in oil brake cleaner on rag
After use vinegar on rag to lift oxide and stains on aluminum
That's an interesting idea. I NEVER would've come up with that on my own. I will try that, if the Dawn Solution doesn't work. It isn't too bad, just slightly dirty. Thank you.

OP
OP
Connie

Connie

Reaction score
OH, you should've just let me believe how smart you are. We all know you are the Brain-eeack on the site. I wouldn't have known you looked it up, HA. That was humble of you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt