'04 on a '94?

94MustangGirl

Reaction score
Ok so I have a random, probably stupid & obvious answer question but here it goes. Are '99-'04 parts copacetic with a '94 body? I have a '94 vert, now my hubby can make just about anything work so I'm more curious how easily transferable parts are? Like if I wanted a hood, front/rear bumpers or a wing off a '99-'04 would it easily bolt onto my '94 or would I have to fix bodylines & go through hassle to use the parts? I'm sure the answer will be it'll be a hassle &/or not recommended cuz its stupid to put '99-'04 parts on a '94 rather than just buy an '04 (I can't afford an '04 though & the '94 is what I've got so). Thanks :)

Royal96

Reaction score
None of the exterior body pieces of the 99-04 will fit on the 94-98 without some serious work.
Almost all of the drivetrain and interior stuff will though.

Edit: I have seen an entire 99-04 front on a 94-98 before (a couple times), but I don't know what kind of work it took, and it didn't necessarily look right. In some cases the fit looked fine, almost like it'd bolt up, and in other cases it looked like it was just kind of thrown on and didn't fit right.

OP
OP
94MustangGirl

94MustangGirl

Reaction score
None of the exterior body pieces of the 99-04 will fit on the 94-98 without some serious work.
Almost all of the drivetrain and interior stuff will though.
Of course. Thank you, I'll skip looking at those parts then. Just know I Love the '04 Mach 1 & Saleens && my hubby had made the comment of putting one of the kits for an '04 on the car but I'll just have to find something in '94-'99 I like or replace the front bumper with an identical one & not change anything otherwise for bodykit

Royal96

Reaction score
If you look around, some companies have made bumpers and hoods in the style of 99-04 cars for the 94-98.

OP
OP
94MustangGirl

94MustangGirl

Reaction score
If you look around, some companies have made bumpers and hoods in the style of 99-04 cars for the 94-98.
Thank you, I'll keep my eyes peeled for them. My dream car is an '04 Mach 1 but that's still outta our price range & my '94 fell into our laps so I'm just happy to have a new Mustang & one that's not too far off from my dream car (& looks a lot closer to it than my prior '87 notch lol). I think if we could get it to line up he'd take the time to put it on right but if he's gotta do all kinds of body work & shave body lines & such to match it up he'd find me a diff bumper whether I like it or not lol

OP
OP
94MustangGirl

94MustangGirl

Reaction score
Unfortunately I have nowhere near enough posts to post a parts search post yet & idk how to navigate the for sale threads for the ones in MA only, I figured out (when not on Tapatalk) how to do the New England narrowed down part but I would be lucky to get to go to NH or CT for a part nvm anywhere else in New England

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Is it the shaker hood you are interested in from the mach? A few companies made a shaker kit for the 94-98 cars.

The chin spoiler from a mach will also fit on your car.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My front bumper is 01 cobra r, my hood is 03 cobra, my rear bumper is 04 Saleen.

What do all of my parts have in common?!?! Aftermarket.

Front and rear bumpers are abc exclusive, do a search for problems and reviews first with them is all I'll say.

My hood is cervinis, Id buy any of their body parts in heartbeat!!!! You gotta pay to play sometimes.

The cars where they grafted the 99-04 fronts on we're done by choping and blending the fenders. Lots of work for what can be done with aftermarket parts.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP
94MustangGirl

94MustangGirl

Reaction score
My front bumper is 01 cobra r, my hood is 03 cobra, my rear bumper is 04 Saleen.

What do all of my parts have in common?!?! Aftermarket.

Front and rear bumpers are abc exclusive, do a search for problems and reviews first with them is all I'll say.

My hood is cervinis, Id buy any of their body parts in heartbeat!!!! You gotta pay to play sometimes.

The cars where they grafted the 99-04 fronts on we're done by choping and blending the fenders. Lots of work for what can be done with aftermarket parts.

Yeah I don't mind aftermarket, just love the looks of the '04 mach 1s

OP
OP
94MustangGirl

94MustangGirl

Reaction score
Is it the shaker hood you are interested in from the mach? A few companies made a shaker kit for the 94-98 cars.

The chin spoiler from a mach will also fit on your car.
Little bit of everything lol. I'm thinking both bumpers but I don't want it to look dumb if it req side skirts so basically I wanna make my '94 into an '04 mach 1 with a body kit lol but not at super expensive or lots of body work not just a matter of taking one off & putting a new one on like an '94-'98 body part will be

OP
OP
94MustangGirl

94MustangGirl

Reaction score
For the record I really appreciate all the lacks of ewwws I'm getting since the Facebook has people who are more of the "I don't like it but good for you" kind of polite insults & so far everyone has been straight up helpful with none of the passive aggressive side remarks. Thank you

OP
OP
94MustangGirl

94MustangGirl

Reaction score
Unfortunately I have nowhere near enough posts to post a parts search post yet & idk how to navigate the for sale threads for the ones in MA only, I figured out (when not on Tapatalk) how to do the New England narrowed down part but I would be lucky to get to go to NH or CT for a part nvm anywhere else in New England
Ugh brief rant in a crossover between here & the Facebook group when it comes to searching parts... Why on earth must EVERYONE who has parts I'd like at good prices be in Ohio??? It seems like it at least. I can only do cash I can't do online transactions & I can Just afford the parts nvm the almost same cost as the part shipping -_- end rant

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My front bumper is 01 cobra r!

You mean 2000 Cobra R :)

OP, everything he said is right. You won't really be able to slap the fenders, hood, and front bumper from a 99+ car on a 94-98 and make it look right. Even with a ton of massaging, it's never going to look normal, because 99+ cars are very boxy by comparison.

However, like I said before, a shaker hood would be cool. And then the aftermarket is there for a number of body panels already molded to look normal on 94-98 cars

OP
OP
94MustangGirl

94MustangGirl

Reaction score

OP, everything he said is right. You won't really be able to slap the fenders, hood, and front bumper from a 99+ car on a 94-98 and make it look right. Even with a ton of massaging, it's never going to look normal, because 99+ cars are very boxy by comparison.

However, like I said before, a shaker hood would be cool. And then the aftermarket is there for a number of body panels already molded to look normal on 94-98 cars
Ok. Cool. Thanks. Maybe I'll run any finds past you guys before I buy it if I'm not sure if it'll line up

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

Big thumbs and a few growlers of mead allows me 1 interweb mistype for the day and you've caught me in it.

Yes 00. Next time I won't drink and type................

............yeah right who am I kidding!! I'm on another growler as we speak!!!!! Lol

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
e7af778b161215c487a3d571099c87b3.jpg

OP
OP
94MustangGirl

94MustangGirl

Reaction score
Big thumbs and a few growlers of mead allows me 1 interweb mistype for the day and you've caught me in it.

Yes 00. Next time I won't drink and type................

............yeah right who am I kidding!! I'm on another growler as we speak!!!!! Lol

At least you're entertaining with your wit! Drink & type, I love it! Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online