04 terminator swap

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone, tomorrow im pulling the trigger on the purchase. i found a rolled 04 termi closer to home, so ill have an entire doner car. its at a junk yard and they professionally pull everything. heres what i told him i needed:

(please keep in mind i already have an 03 cobra gas tank)
Engine
Cluster
Dash harness
ECM
ECM Harness
Engine Harness
FPDM harness

now, what do i need for the PATS. The doner car has keys and the motor runs fine, so i can get the entire PATS system, i just need to tell him what to pull....
what should i tell him for the steering colum/PATS system?

Thanks everyone! i hate to just throw this at you, but tomorrow is the big day...

and i understand ill need more minor stuff, and i wont hate you all if you forgot to mention the "dash-to-windshield-bolt"... im just trying to get as much of it as i can on the first pull to avoid further pulling-fees....

thanks,
chris

KWClutch

Reaction score
Can you not just buy the entire car off him? If I had to do it again I would have done that. You could probably make your money back if not close parting out the other parts of the car.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
You can either swap all the lock cylinder's and ignition cylinder's for the stuff from the donor car, or have a new key cut at the dealer to match your current ignition switch and the Cobra ECM code.

Removing the trunk cylinder will require some drilling, the rest just pop out.

KWClutch

Reaction score
You can turn the PATS off for the moment just to get it running and then turn it back on for security purposes. I still haven't turned mine back on but I have LoJack, a viper alarm and a hidden kill switch. And I had my audio guy change all my important wires black ;)

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
KWClutch said:
Can you not just buy the entire car off him? If I had to do it again I would have done that. You could probably make your money back if not close parting out the other parts of the car.

The car was rolled, so the interior has been through the weather because every window is smashed.
its a hard top, so no convertible cover.
mirrors are broken off.
gas tank is already gone.
front drivers side wheel is toast, so i have a feeling the streering rack and control arms are useless.
radiator is gone

so after im done with it, it will have a weathered interior, and a T56/aluminum driveshaft...
the guy wanted $9,100.00 for the entire car. :-( lol. (trust me, i asked :p)

mikey94gt said:
I have a speedcal you can have, chris.

awesome. thanks man!

J.R. said:
You can either swap all the lock cylinder's and ignition cylinder's for the stuff from the donor car, or have a new key cut at the dealer to match your current ignition switch and the Cobra ECM code.

Removing the trunk cylinder will require some drilling, the rest just pop out.

Thanks JR! ill give this a shot and call him.

KWClutch said:
You can turn the PATS off for the moment just to get it running and then turn it back on for security purposes. I still haven't turned mine back on but I have LoJack, a viper alarm and a hidden kill switch. And I had my audio guy change all my important wires black ;)

i figured i could try and get everything for a turn-key set up, since i found a doner car.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
This thread is like:

pantybear.jpg

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
cause I'm here?

No, it's a party now cuz you're here Jeff.

It's like the pic because of the wreck Cobra, makes me flinch, lol.

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
JR, didnt you have a non-intercooled procharged 2V??

and here's the update:
Just called the guy and gave him my credit card info:

everything works and is professionally pulled from the car.

2004 cobra motor - complete pull
engine wiring harness
dash harness
ecu+harness
steering colum
gauge cluster
fpdm
door locks+trunk locks
1 copy of the key

i need:
intake plumbing
intercooling (edit) heat-exchanger... not intercooler. lol.
exhaust
(edit) and a radiator.
(probably go aftermarket on all this stuff anyways.)

:-D thanks everyone for all your help!!!!! :-D

Jeff, I just PMed you.

-Chris

KWClutch

Reaction score
I'd just get an 03 cobra/mach Radiator. They are very good for the money. You'll need the rear body harness too to plug into the FPDM.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
MustangChris said:

I havd a Paxton supercharged 2v, then an 04 Cobra for a bit. THen some 5.0's, a V6 car I never saw... And now a Supercoupe and an F250 lol.

Chris, the list looks pretty good. You do need the FDPM harness as stated. Aftermarket heat exchanger's are plentiful, and a common upgrade anyway, so you can either snag a stocker and save some coin, or go the aftermarket route.

As for the radiator, alot of people are happy with their Mishimoto's, but, a factory Cobra radiator will probably have the fancy heat exchanger tank on it already.

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
KWClutch said:
I'd just get an 03 cobra/mach Radiator. They are very good for the money. You'll need the rear body harness too to plug into the FPDM.
i told him the "FPDM harness" .... i hope him and i are on the same page... lol. either way, you said they run $50.00, used, anways, right? otherwise i should give him a call...

will an 04 cobra radiator fit in a 1996GT??? i know the 1996 was an off year, being different from 1994/1995 and 1997-2004...

J.R. said:
MustangChris said:

I havd a Paxton supercharged 2v, then an 04 Cobra for a bit. THen some 5.0's, a V6 car I never saw... And now a Supercoupe and an F250 lol.

Chris, the list looks pretty good. You do need the FDPM harness as stated. Aftermarket heat exchanger's are plentiful, and a common upgrade anyway, so you can either snag a stocker and save some coin, or go the aftermarket route.

As for the radiator, alot of people are happy with their Mishimoto's, but, a factory Cobra radiator will probably have the fancy heat exchanger tank on it already.

ill start shopping once the build starts... ive got alot of work ahead of me...

doing battery relocation, fuel system, and maybe a new dash... :-D

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Got your PM, you've got some work ahead of you, but it will be fun!
JR is good for the 4V / tranny info.

I'm just here for the party. :3some:

have you guys talked about the head cooling mod? I've seen more than one Termy that fried the #4/8 cylinder.
Usually when doing a long WOT runs, but it's something I'd look into.

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
yep, already looked into that and it seems manditory... i dont plan on 5th gear WOTs, but it seems that it gives peace of mind durring 1st-4th anyways.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
MustangChris said:
yep, already looked into that and it seems manditory... i dont plan on 5th gear WOTs, but it seems that it gives peace of mind durring 1st-4th anyways.

For 100 bucks, it certainly doesn't hurt. Especially when you don't have to go out of your way to do it while the engine is out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online