06 crown vic code p0301

stroked95

Reaction score
I have a 06 crown vic and it threw a p0301 code changed the plug with a new and old one was white/light gray when pulled out and put a different coil on it and still getting same code. It really only does it under load like pulling hills and passing. Think it might me the injector?
Any help would be great need to get it back running soon, need it for going to work.
Thanks Tim

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Missfire on cylinder 1. Are you sure you replaced the correct plug and coil? It would be the bank on the passenger side of the car, all the way to the front of the engine.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I assume that you replaced the coil boot and spring too? Applied dielectric grease as well?

What kind of spark plug did you put it there? I've owned a 2000 P71 crown vic previously and I currently have a 2004 P71. I can tell you, they don't like anything other than Motorcraft and AutoLite. I tried some of the other ones, and they made it run like shit.

OP
OP
stroked95

stroked95

Reaction score
I put autolites in and new boot, spring and grease.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The only other things I can think of would be if there's a short in your harness or the ECM is fubar'd, resulting in that coil not firing. You can use a simple LED testing unit to see if the switching signal from the ECM is being sent or not. Also, check the connector on your injector too. The clips are known to break on those cars and not make connection. I think almost all of them on my 2000 were zip tied down.

OP
OP
stroked95

stroked95

Reaction score
I will check that tomorrow. Just a pain needed the car to a meeting 3 hours away and have to take my truck now and pay twice as much in gas, and can't take the stang yet still working that. Thanks for the help I will let you know what I find out.

OP
OP
stroked95

stroked95

Reaction score
I put a new injector in it and seems to run a lot better but intake gasket is leaking. Does any one make a better intake than the oe plastic one?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online