07 has been a crazy year.. totalled the 6, bought a car on ebay.. story & pics!!

thorco3

Reaction score
Alright, this might take a minute to read... and if you don't wanna read skip to the end there should be some pics down there.

I was one of those die hard v6 guys, I had the car a couple years before really doing anything to it and fell in love with the car. I planned on keeping it forever. The plan for 07 was to keep the sixer as a DD and buy a notchback for a project car. I had already started looking for the right car and some bad weather threw me for a loop. It was back in january on a cold rainy night... yeah supurb driving conditions. The sixer had 4.10's and tlok so it liked to fishtail quite a bit. I was headed from my parents pad back home to my apt. About half way through the short drive I was on some twisty country roads and lost. My best guess was that I was doing about 50-60 through an S-turn, the car spun out and I went off the opposite side of the road. The car traveled down a pretty steep ditch, prolly 10-15' deep and was actually airborn for a sec or so. The rear quarter panel and wheel on the passenger side smacked a culvert. I was pretty disoriented but nothing felt broken. The car however didn't fare as well. I hadn't even gotten out of the car and I knew it was totalled. Needless to say I was pretty devastated... and wasn't looking forward to doing battle with the insurance company.

The next night I started to look for a replacement because I figured it would be impossible to find something I would be happy with. I began my search on ebay to find anything that would peak my interest and see what I would be able to afford. After some intense number crunching and lots of phone calls it was confirmed that the 6 was totalled and I did my own guesstimating of what the insurance company would give me.

During that first night of checking stuff out on ebay I came across a 95 GTS. It was canary yellow and appeared to be as stock as they come. They described the car to be in "showroom condition" and the pictures seemed to add up to the description. By the end of the week I had bought the car... so much for assuming it would take months to find a replacement. Now that I had bought the car it was a matter of getting it... the car was located 800 miles away. The car arrived quickly and was delivered in an enclosed trailer (which was pretty cool because I didn't pay any kind of enclosed trailor price).

When I finally got the chance to sit in the car myself I was pretty nervous... I had purchased a car with out ever seeing it let alone drive it. The first visual inspection didn't let me down. The car appeared to be mint, but there were a few mods. I realized the car had a hurst short throw shifter, k&n drop-in, and flowmaster weld-ins. I've never owned a stick personally and it had been a couple years since I'd even drivin one... but it came to me pretty quick and I don't think I can own another auto. :hammer:

I immediatly started swapping various parts from the sixer that I could. Some of these included the H&R springs, tokico struts, front brake setup, and some other small stuff. I also needed a little more rumble so a full bassani setup took care of that, headers, o/r x, and catback. There's a lot more to be done with her... but for now I need to get another DD so progress has def slowed.

That's enough of the story crap, hopefully it's not too much to read. (if anybody reads it haha)

pics should be in the next post...

OP
OP
thorco3

thorco3

Reaction score
Pics of the late 6... (I actually bought the car back, but have been stripping it and selling various stuff on ebay... already made money off of it too)

road.jpg

downtown%20007.jpg

brakes4.jpg

corbs1.jpg

the seats didn't make it... still have'em, but dunno what I'm going to do with them...

sideshot.jpg

rearbrks4.jpg

I had only installed the baer 13" kit a couple weeks prior to the accident... so they of course didn't survive either

OP
OP
thorco3

thorco3

Reaction score
---Finally... some pics of stuff I've done and how the car looks now

contrast.jpg

bwcontrast2.jpg

bwcontrast.jpg

50p5.jpg

-- some diff wheels ---

no10ths.jpg

the 10th anni's didn't make the cut so they were sold after aquiring a 4th wheel

drbadge.jpg

thorcoban.jpg

and I think that pretty much sums it up... if anybody has any questions, comments, wants more pics... let'em rip. I've got tons of pictures of both cars. and congrats if you actually made through my long winded story and all those pics.

96stangRC

Reaction score
Wow both cars looked great. Sorry to hear about the old car but at least you came out of it with an even better stang. I know all about your situation. Insurance money from my totaled old car is how I got the 95 I have now. But anyway, I love the yellow with those wheels. Looks awesome :thumb:

OP
OP
thorco3

thorco3

Reaction score
thanks bud... the wheels are actually for sale.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
at first i didn't like those wheels at all, but they have grown on me. what wheels are you plannin on now?

and are those seats CR1s?

Whistler98

Reaction score
I like the 10th Anni's on the yellow and the new ones don't look bad either. More pics from further away with the new wheels? What kinda wheels r those?

theponyfactor

Reaction score
wow, sounds like a pretty scary experience. cars look awesome though! :hitit:

ripper

Reaction score
Car looks great. How many miles are on it? I have the same car myself. Its my wifes DD. Engine bay on mine looks like crap. I need to spend some time on it. And money. Hers is totally stock. I spend way too much on my 96 LOL. I like your headlights what are they?

Heres a pic of mine. I was thinking of keeping stock and retiring it for a collector cause its mint. She likes the new edges. She wants a v6 vert. The headlights are fogged over and look like crap but i have everything for this car. Check out the other pic.
Your engine bay is awesome man. Nice find.

[attachment deleted by admin]

OP
OP
thorco3

thorco3

Reaction score
Stevo said:
Car looks great. How many miles are on it? I have the same car myself. Its my wifes DD. Engine bay on mine looks like crap. I need to spend some time on it. And money. Hers is totally stock. I spend way too much on my 96 LOL. I like your headlights what are they?

Heres a pic of mine. I was thinking of keeping stock and retiring it for a collector cause its mint. She likes the new edges. She wants a v6 vert. The headlights are fogged over and look like crap but i have everything for this car. Check out the other pic.
Your engine bay is awesome man. Nice find.

It had 43k when I got. It now has 46k, daily driven... And your wifes car looks great, a new set of headlights would def add to the appearance if they are all hazed over. The dark ones on the car in most of those pics are the smoked clears. You can find them on a couple places, BOI, ebay, etc.

theponyfactor said:
wow, sounds like a pretty scary experience. cars look awesome though! :hitit:

def not something I want to go through again, too much hassle and aggrevation... but I'm pretty happy with the new car.

Whistler98 said:
I like the 10th Anni's on the yellow and the new ones don't look bad either. More pics from further away with the new wheels? What kinda wheels r those?

For some reason I just didn't care for the 10th anni's. I think they just looked better on the black... or maybe they reminded me that I totalled my black one I dunno, but for whatever reason I didn't think I could live with'em so they were sold a while back. The new wheels are Konig Maxxims, Maximum Motorsports carries them. I've got a few more pics of them I'll try and post up.

DFG_Pimpin said:
at first i didn't like those wheels at all, but they have grown on me. what wheels are you plannin on now?

and are those seats CR1s?

no those are just stock GTS seats. they are almost a microfiber cloth material, pretty comfy really, lol. I won't buy another set of pricey racing seats, although I do attribute getting through that accident partly because of the seats. and I just sorta realized your prolly talking about the old seats, in that case they were the TRS's.

If I can work out a trade with somebody or get a fair price for them I'd sell the konigs. I've had a set of BBS RK's sitting in the garage for a month now. I'm still sorta up in the air about what to do with them. I'd like to have them widened, but they I would need at least two new tires... expensive tires. Everything just seems to take a lot of money, and it's easier to spend it than make it.

SMOKE

Reaction score
Re: 07 has been a crazy year.. totalled the 6, bought a car on ebay.. story & pi

Great story ... only because it ended so well. :dancing6:

Both cars looked amazing. The V6 was definitely a head turner. Perfect color and tasteful mods are always a winner!!!!
The GTS is hot! Again, tasteful additions and actual liked the 10th Aniv rims on it too.
I guess, I really like the rims!!

Either way, thanks for sharing and glad you're Happily Ever After!! O0

OP
OP
thorco3

thorco3

Reaction score
thanks guys

whistler here's a couple more pics of the konigs for ya

lrandI.jpg

pbrswhl.jpg

excuse the dirty car... I had just finished up the brakes and didn't have time to clean her up

wonders.jpg

and yes, I forgot my trunk was open... doh

maxwond2.jpg

I really just need some new pics, I don't have anything fantastic and I'm no photographer...

OP
OP
thorco3

thorco3

Reaction score
What do you guys think... I've got a brand new set of BBS RK's sitting in the garage. The way I look at I've got a few options, either way I think I want to sell the konigs.

Should I pc the BBS's a custom color, I'm thinking maybe a black chrome or something along those lines? I've also been throwing around the idea of having them widened to 9.5 or 10". (all 4 are 18x8.5)

or I could sell both sets of wheels and pick up a new set of roush wheels (probably the style like Matts)

here's a chop of the BBS's on my car...

bbschp.jpg

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i like the BBKs, i dont think black chrome would look too great on yellow though, what about a hypercoated finish?

OP
OP
thorco3

thorco3

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
i like the BBKs, i dont think black chrome would look too great on yellow though, what about a hypercoated finish?

I've always thought black chrome was pretty much the same as hypercoated...? Hypercoated has more of a silver color to it I guess, or dark grey. I dunno, I would just want something with a bit more bling.

I dunno what I wanna do with them. I just got a quote on widening them and it would be about 200 per wheel plus shipping...

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
Re: 07 has been a crazy year.. totalled the 6, bought a car on ebay.. story & pi

both cars look awesome, the paint on the yellow seems to be immaculate from the pic of it in the garage. Definetly a nice score, good job so far

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
wow, sorrry about that wreck you had but it looks like you made a positive out of it, nice stang :boink:

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
Yeah, sorry about the wreck. But glad to hear you got another sn95 :pimp:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online