1/4 TIMES

Demolisher

Reaction score
Well some people told me that i picked the wrong car to mod 1995 GT so i wanna know ure guys times and mods thanx it would help alot.

jpajkos

Reaction score
Slap them in the face. A pushrod motor is far more cheaper to mod out then a modular motor. Guys with cobra's 96+ have to pay well over 2k for a decent set of cams. Im into my car for about 3k in mods and without a tune im pushing close to 300 rwhp. 5.0s are easy yet really cheap to mod out compaired to any other mustang these days.

Tony Montana

Reaction score
exactly you gotta love the 5.0, cheap to make fast, with a good HCI setup ur good for 300 ponies. Blowers are decent prices as well, so u have an unlimited amount of options with that 5.0.

r_suh

Reaction score
just let them choke on ur exhaust fumes. :laugh:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
jpajkos said:
Slap them in the face. A pushrod motor is far more cheaper to mod out then a modular motor. Guys with cobra's 96+ have to pay well over 2k for a decent set of cams. Im into my car for about 3k in mods and without a tune im pushing close to 300 rwhp. 5.0s are easy yet really cheap to mod out compaired to any other mustang these days.

what cams are you looking at for 2 grand ??? ??? All the cam sets I have seen is right at 1,000 .........maybe your talking about custom cams :dunno:.

For low buck performance you cant beat a pushrod motor, thats a fact. On the other hand if you have the cash and want a high tech small displacement motor thats makes big power, a modular is the way to go. However once you have a 4 vavle mod, you will wonder why you wasted your time with a 2 valve ::)

jpajkos

Reaction score
1 grand for a set of 4 cams? What cams are these those little Comp energy cams or the FRPP? First of all if your not car savy anyone will charge you alot of money for labor on those 4v's. 4v's put between 270-300 down at the wheels stock (96-01). Everything for a 4v goes up in price when you mod period. There excellent cars to have if you got the money to mod. Honestly if I owned a 4v a blower would be my first mod since the motor comes forged. I can take a pushrod motor with an awesome HCI setup and a few supporting mods and put 300 down any day of the week. I know I had a pushrod motor and LOVED IT and Im looking into getting a new fox as we speak. Great combo set up I had was a full ported Track heat upper and lower intake, Lunati E303 cam, ported AFR heads few other supporting mods and some 3.73's I felt like I had 500 to the ground. Always remember if you push 300-350 to the ground and get it to hook up your gonna feel like you own a rocket.

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
However once you have a 4 vavle mod, you will wonder why you wasted your time with a 2 valve ::)

I have to disagree. The 4v motor is nice but IMO a 5.0 is a much nicer motor. Its ALOT easier to work with/on. You have almost unlimited aftermarket parts for it. You can make a 500rwhp N/A motor out of it for a hell of alot less than it would take a 4v motor N/A. Torque is nice also! You can have a set of 3.73 gears in it and have a torque monster. To make a torque monster out of a 4v you are looking at a set of 4.56 gears. :nonono: The 4v mod motor is an awsome motor but IMO the 5.0 is alot better motor to mod.

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
jpajkos said:
Always remember if you push 300-350 to the ground and get it to hook up your gonna feel like you own a rocket.

Obviously you haven't been in a fast car. If you have a car with 350rwhp hooking will feel like a turd.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
jpajkos said:
1 grand for a set of 4 cams? What cams are these those little Comp energy cams or the FRPP? First of all if your not car savy anyone will charge you alot of money for labor on those 4v's. 4v's put between 270-300 down at the wheels stock (96-01). Everything for a 4v goes up in price when you mod period. There excellent cars to have if you got the money to mod. Honestly if I owned a 4v a blower would be my first mod since the motor comes forged. I can take a pushrod motor with an awesome HCI setup and a few supporting mods and put 300 down any day of the week. I know I had a pushrod motor and LOVED IT and Im looking into getting a new fox as we speak. Great combo set up I had was a full ported Track heat upper and lower intake, Lunati E303 cam, ported AFR heads few other supporting mods and some 3.73's I felt like I had 500 to the ground. Always remember if you push 300-350 to the ground and get it to hook up your gonna feel like you own a rocket.

the comp cams is the ones Im speaking of for a grand :)any of the three grinds can be gotten from Holcomb Motorsports for 1k , true the labor would be expensive for the normal guy taking his car to a speed shop ( thank god I have a personal friend that owns a shop and does all my work :dancing6:) Comparing my 95GT / 91Gt and my 99 Cobra I have now........I would take the Cobra anyday of the week and twice on Sunday. MY 95 had full boltons including GT-40 intake / Trick flow heads / exhaust 3:55's and so on, my 91 had the Edelbrock RPM package with 4:10's and put out 292 on the dyno. I never had my 95 on a dyno but I'm sure it made similar power to the 91. My Cobra probally has OVER 300rwhp since it made 272 bone stock and now with the mods I have I'm positive I have over the big 3.
Anyway my point is even with the great tq the pushrod cars I have had made, I prefer the high revving rpm rush that comes with the 32 Valve 4.6 to be turning 6 grand and still have another 5 or 6 hundred rpm to go is a Adrenalin rush :D. Throw in a set of 4:30 gears and it moves off the line too 8)

I guess im just over the pushrod stuff, I grew up with it and done it all and now the modulars are in and thats what I like :dunno: nothing wrong with a good old 5.0 or 5.8 however

jpajkos

Reaction score
Well like I said you got a ton of money well then put it into a 4v. Lord knows you have to have ALOT of money.

jpajkos

Reaction score
Or you can get a VTEC dump about 8k on it and get your 300 :rice: :hammer:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
jpajkos said:
Well like I said you got a ton of money well then put it into a 4v. Lord knows you have to have ALOT of money.

there not cheap by no means.......I have to work over time just to afford the gas n oil :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Stopsign32v said:
Snakebit said:
However once you have a 4 vavle mod, you will wonder why you wasted your time with a 2 valve ::)

I have to disagree. The 4v motor is nice but IMO a 5.0 is a much nicer motor. Its ALOT easier to work with/on. You have almost unlimited aftermarket parts for it. You can make a 500rwhp N/A motor out of it for a hell of alot less than it would take a 4v motor N/A. Torque is nice also! You can have a set of 3.73 gears in it and have a torque monster. To make a torque monster out of a 4v you are looking at a set of 4.56 gears. :nonono: The 4v mod motor is an awsome motor but IMO the 5.0 is alot better motor to mod.

just depends on what you want, but to make the power your talking about with a 5.0 with the stock displacement and NO stroker........well thats not going to happen , a 5.0 would not make much over 400 crank hp unless you stroke it. Either way your going to spend money its just a fact that the modular will cost more.

SaleenStang94

Reaction score
pushrod power is much easier to work with and can make jus as much hp as a sohc or dohc motor. u can make serious hp with pushrod motors. take the new zo6 for example, 7liter small block pushrod making an underated 505 hp. u dont need 2 or 4 cams. theres no replacement for displacement. although im only 20 and missed out on the hp war years of the past, my oppinion has always been computers and small cubes are not for me. jus look at the top fuel dragsters and other sub 9 second cars. thier mostly big cube pushrod motors. these motors are easy to tear down and build up. jus my oppion, i say forget the 4.6 and keep pushrod power.

ryclef331

Reaction score
BAck to the original topic. I run 11.91 at 124 with a 331 stroker, Heads, cam, intake, and a lil spray and ZERO traction

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
SaleenStang94 said:
pushrod power is much easier to work with and can make jus as much hp as a sohc or dohc motor. u can make serious hp with pushrod motors. take the new zo6 for example, 7liter small block pushrod making an underated 505 hp. u dont need 2 or 4 cams. theres no replacement for displacement. although im only 20 and missed out on the hp war years of the past, my oppinion has always been computers and small cubes are not for me. jus look at the top fuel dragsters and other sub 9 second cars. thier mostly big cube pushrod motors. these motors are easy to tear down and build up. jus my oppion, i say forget the 4.6 and keep pushrod power.

there is no argument there, you are exactly right........displacement rules all, it just depends on what you want I have done the pushrod thing for 10 years and I'm tired of it and ready for something new hence my 4 valve 4.6 8)

DamieN

Reaction score
jpajkos said:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online