1.7 rocker arms?

Whiplatch

Reaction score
Hey guys I just got a New set of twisted wedge 170cc heads. My buddy has a set of crane 1.7 rocker arms would this work or even be beneficial to me. I also have a trick flow stage 1 cam. I'm basically wondering if I should be running 1.6 or if 1.7 would work

Addermk2

Reaction score
It depends on whether or not they will fit your heads. Do your heads accept stud mount rocker or pedestal mount. Are the rockers the same mounting configuration as the heads? Will you have any PTV clearance issues with the increase in lift, going to a 1.7 roller rocker.

If you can't answer these questions, then you shouldn't buy them.

Sent from my CyanMobileX Evo 4G

RSB95

Reaction score
That's a lot of lift, if it was me I would stay with the 1.6s, unless u want to break out the clay.wouldnt run that with out checking PtoV clearance

Addermk2

Reaction score
Bunch of chicken shits.

Sent from my CyanMobileX Evo 4G

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Lol ^ just depends on if it'll improve performance on your specific engine. Many people just don't need them.

Sent from bored/stroked HTC One

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Id run them. . You get a lil clearance from running the tfs heads over the regular inline head. .

Enviado usando mi SHP-L710 usando TapaTalk

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Depends you did not say what chamber size head you are running , or what piston you are using as that has a lot to do with PTV clearance. The 58cc head will not work on a camshaft over .550 lift without using Trickflow specific pistons.

Another thing is don't just measure because your using 1.7 , you should always measure the clearance ALWAYS. Measure Twice and Install once .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Those Heads are stud mount for whomever asked by the way .

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Oh wasn't aware of that . I just bought a set last week and never recalled seeing a pedestal mount but if you say so awesome .

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Seems like they stop making pedestal mount a while back. . Never really keep up with that stuff. Seems like new they just offer studmount

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Seems like they stop making pedestal mount a while back. . Never really keep up with that stuff. Seems like new they just offer studmount

Oh that makes sense as to why I didn't see them in pedestal when I bought mine then. Oh well no harm no foul , learn something new each day .

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Funny thing I had this same talk with another member xman27 or something. Last year and I'm at it again. Figured i would of remember

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Funny thing I had this same talk with another member xman27 or something. Last year and I'm at it again. Figured i would of remember

I have trouble remembering things sometimes as well. I think stud mount are stronger , but they require more work and adjusting , whereas you can get a set of pedestals and bolt on and go without adjustment and cheaper .

Wanna see something that's ironically funny then look on Summit Racing's site and view 3/8 stud mount rockers that are 1.6 a set of Harland Sharp's will run you 249 . A set of 1.7 will run you 400-450. That's totally ridiculous the difference from 1.6 to 1.7 is like thousandths of an inch and that much price increase Lol . I was like WOW.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online