1.7 RR install Q

FEAST SN95 JPN

Reaction score
Hi all,

We attempted to install our Crane Cams 1.7 roller rockers recently and we were unable to get 1/4 turn out of the pedestal bolt. So in other words, does this mean we should be getting longer push rods or is there something else fishy happening here? Oh and the car is holding the stock cam shaft!

Thanks for any help once agan!

Cheers,

Adam

jimgt95

Reaction score
On all of the roller rockers or just one?

Are you completely certain that you were on the base circle of the cam? I have that same setup on my car and I made sure to rotate the engine two or three times per rocker to be sure that I was on the base circle before I set the lifter preload. All of my bolts I could get atleast a 1/4 turn out of. I had to use the included shims with the kit on most of them (stock pushrods).

OP
OP
F

FEAST SN95 JPN

Reaction score
jimgt95 said:
On all of the roller rockers or just one?

Are you completely certain that you were on the base circle of the cam? I have that same setup on my car and I made sure to rotate the engine two or three times per rocker to be sure that I was on the base circle before I set the lifter preload. All of my bolts I could get atleast a 1/4 turn out of. I had to use the included shims with the kit on most of them (stock pushrods).

We spent a good hour or so re doing the install and it worked out in the end. And you were correct, as we werent on the base circle.

And top it off, she still idels mint! :banana:

jimgt95

Reaction score
Great!! Glad you figured it out. I remember how nervous I was the first time I started my car after installing heads, rockers, and the supercharger. Yes! It idles great!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah