1/8mi 03GT vs 97GT supercharged

281powered

Reaction score
this is the diffrence between pi & non pi :eek:

http://videos.streetfire.net/category/Ford/2/a2df9a3c-2523-44eb-a942-981901177480.htm

yellowgt

Reaction score
I agree with the difference between a PI stang and a non PI stang but there's no way that green 97 was supercharged.

I would of been a much different race if it was.

jpajkos

Reaction score
+1 that green one was not supercharged. you would have heard the wind of the belt. I've have seen this video before.

S

scarface

+2 Im going to tell you that 97 wasnt supercharged. PI is good, but unless he had a HUGE amount of mods, he wouldnt beat a SC non pi that bad.

Just look at my sig. I have a non PI SC stang

jpajkos

Reaction score
Scarface what blower setup do you have? I just did my PI motor swap see my sig. My next step is going to be a blower im thinking im going to go with a Novi.

jpajkos

Reaction score
Nice setup what kind of power do you think I would be making with a Novi. I believe I can put a Novi 2000 on my application. Looking to get 11-13 psi of boost. Did you forge your motor at all? If not hows it holding up

S

scarface

I was told by Ed Clark if I was to put my set up on a PI engine, I would be looking at around 500 wheel. you can get that kind of PSI out of a 1k, but I would suggest a 2k.

I have blower cams that rob me of some of my boost. My SC is maxed out now with a 2.75 pully. I get 8 psi @6k, and I just added a powerpipe. Not sure what the boost is now, Im in the process of replacing my tranny.

My engine is not forged, but I have a decent tune, and It isnt my Daily driver. I am going back for a retune soon for the powerpipe, and I have alky injection that I installed, I hope to be over 400 after that. I dont intend to do anything else to this engine, because I am saving to get a PI swap.
Here are my mods..
Paxton Novi 1000/2.75 pulley (2 sizes smaller than stock pulley)

PI intake

75mm TB &75mm plenum

HP-292 cams- The specs per Houston Performance: 228/[email protected] 531/531lift 114lsa. Blower Grind.

Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator

MAC long tubes

Magnaflow catback

mac catless h-pipe

42lb. injectors

FORD 90MM LMAF

255 intank fuel pump + Vortec T-Rex inline fuel pump

MSD coil packs

Taylor plug wires

3:73 gears.

EGR deleite

untuned mods....SMC alky injection(disabled till next dyno tune)
Anderson Power Pipe.

jpajkos

Reaction score
Nice I have the complete PI motor swap. I took my motor from a 02 GT with only 43k on it. I put alot of new parts on it like whats in my sig and i added new rod bearings, coil packs, little stuff like that. When I buy my blower will it come with everything I need? I really would like to go with a Novi 2000. I won't have to forge my motor I hope. Ive seen videos of a stock PI motor with just a novi and it was putting out 450 at the wheels. All I want is a 450 horse power daily driver. SS's and z28s im not intrested in really just once in a awhile i like to give a z06 a good run for the money. Im going to work on suspension for awhile first.

S

scarface

jpajkos said:
Nice I have the complete PI motor swap. I took my motor from a 02 GT with only 43k on it. I put alot of new parts on it like whats in my sig and i added new rod bearings, coil packs, little stuff like that. When I buy my blower will it come with everything I need? I really would like to go with a Novi 2000. I won't have to forge my motor I hope. Ive seen videos of a stock PI motor with just a novi and it was putting out 450 at the wheels. All I want is a 450 horse power daily driver. SS's and z28s im not intrested in really just once in a awhile i like to give a z06 a good run for the money. Im going to work on suspension for awhile first.
Most SC kits come complete. You may want to upgrade some of the parts, but they are a great starter setup. I would suggest looing into kits before you buy. I am a fan of the procharger setup, because of the intercooler. Either way you will be happy :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online