11's in the 1/4

98gtmadness

Reaction score
hello all! this is my first post n ima newbee from philly, my question is can u get a 98gt to run 11's in the 1/4 mile?
my mod list is:
pi heads w/ pi cams
accufab t/b and plen
mac long tubes
mac h-pipe
flowmaster 40's cat back
u/d pullies
k&n fipk
4.10's gears

now if i get the heads ported wit vt stage 2 cams, 24 lb injectors n fuel pump could i get into 11's??

also what kind of suspension work should i do?

i was also thinkin of puttin on moser 31 axels and 31 spline differential?

as u can see im tryin to break 11's with no power adders, help!!

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
11's with no power adder in a 98 GT ??? ??? ??? :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

Sorry man thats not going to happen I dont think. You would have to get your car down to like 3000 pounds or less to even be close to getting a time like that, plus you would need a lot of power to run that fast. It could be done I guess but it would take a lot of work in the right places :-\ getting that weight down would be first on my list, the mass of that car is killing you. You have a nice sounding set up for a motor, but im not sure if its enough to put you in the 11's :dunno:

smokinya9

Reaction score
with your mods know what kind of times are you running now. 11s going to be hard try stroking it DROP A LOT OF WEIGHT.do you have auto or standard you will need some sticky tires for sure give us alitte more info on you car any suspension work etc. so we can see how much time you need to drop to get to your goal in the 11s and you will also need a great tune

ALITL8

Reaction score
here's a pretty cool link... Online Dyno. you can throw some variables (numbers) in and get a general idea of whats possible under perfect conditions. at 3000 lbs with 350hp you "could" achieve a high 11. the weight of my car with a 1/4-1/2 tank, subwoofer in (10" in enclosure), i dont remember if my spare was in, full upholstery and my ass is 3520 lbs... getting to 3000 lbs might be a little tricky.

my tuner is going to be building a NPI motor with the PI intake swap, hand ported PI heads, stage III cams, forged bottom end, etc., etc. for me and it should make 300-350rwhp. i think thats about all you can pull out of these motors without a power adder :dunno:

do you have a baseline dyno or track time for your car yet?

jpajkos

Reaction score
bore your motor out .30 over. A very aggressive cams, heads, intake, full bolt ons, gears,full exhaust, a really good tune, and a 100 shot you have your 11s

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
jpajkos said:
bore your motor out .30 over. A very aggressive cams, heads, intake, full bolt ons, gears,full exhaust, a really good tune, and a 100 shot you have your 11s

he wanted to stay N/A

Scott 96Cobra(rip)

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
11's with no power adder in a 98 GT ??? ??? ??? :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

Sorry man thats not going to happen I dont think. You would have to get your car down to like 3000 pounds or less to even be close to getting a time like that, plus you would need a lot of power to run that fast. It could be done I guess but it would take a lot of work in the right places :-\ getting that weight down would be first on my list, the mass of that car is killing you. You have a nice sounding set up for a motor, but im not sure if its enough to put you in the 11's :dunno:

Exactly ....... Not to mention a proper rim size and an excellent Slick.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Your gonna want a forged motor for that kind of power.

On the suspension, start with LCA's and Subs
Maximummotorsports.com

There's a number of other suspension options, depensd on what you want to do and how much $$ you want to install.

ck5.0

Reaction score
Subframes and Control Arms would be a good start.

Stangman98

Reaction score
First off...it is possible to do.
You are not going to get there with 4.10's though you are going to need at least 4.30's
Next you are going to need a nice set of cams with valve springs. You can plan on spinning that motor to at least
6500. They are right though. You are going to really have to take weight out of the car. You will need to be close if not under 3000 lbs. with you in it. Next off if going to be tire selection. I would recommend a 26*10 ET Drag on 15x10 wheel. You are going to need suspension work...Subframes, control arms, I would recommend at least a 6pt bar. Tubular front end would help also.
You would be better served to mount the battery in the trunk also. If you are runnning a stock diff and axles don't even think about going 11's. I have destroyed more rearend parts then I care to admit. Suggestion...Detroit Locker and Strange 31 Spline Axles, that will solve any rearend issues you may have! Alot of it will come down to get the launch right and praticing after you get the power you need. Also, once you have the power GET A TUNE!! You will not get in the 11's without one.
My '98 about 3 weeks ago in 40* weather at about 3350 lbs
This is running a 12.78 @ 105 so I still have a way to go...
JC4Z0004.jpg

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It can be done NA as said above but the easiest way to do it is with some nitrous or a supercharger. Pick yourself up a forged shortblock and 150 shot of nitrous or a blower with 10-15lbs of boost and you'll get your 11's as long as you take care of the suspension to get traction.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think you guys have gotten away from what he was asking, he listed his mods and asked what else he would need to get 11's and I assume he was planning on keeping his existing motor.....I think :dunno: This is why I said it would be VERY VERY hard to do with that stock block.

Obviously if you get a built motor with all the fancy power making stuff to go with it 11's can be done without a lot of trouble, but to do it and utilize the factory bottom end is another story.

Stangman98

Reaction score
It can be done with a stock shortblock. You just have to concern your self with the intake side of the motor, fuel, cams, tune, ect, and you can get yourself there.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Stangman98 said:
It can be done with a stock shortblock. You just have to concern your self with the intake side of the motor, fuel, cams, tune, ect, and you can get yourself there.

oh yea, how about those stock pistons :D

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Stangman98 said:

oh yea, how about those stock pistons :D

*Whoa Snap*

Well I'd suggest you add up the different alternitaves.

Top end engine work, and major suspension along with weight savings - vs - stronger motor and NOS or a blower??
Just curious - why do you want to stan NA?
Let us know what you think, Madness.

ALITL8

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
Just curious - why do you want to stan NA?

maybe he's scared to go "really" fast :dunno:

how fast you reckon you'd go if you did the strong motor, built rear, wieght reduction to 3K, suspension and sprayed, blown or turboed :naughty:

jpajkos

Reaction score
I think its just to say he ran 11s N/A. I know I would be stoked running 11s with just all motor. 8)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.