13" Baer Rear Brake Upgrade Kit

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
This is a very popular rear brake upgrade kit from Baer.

This kit will allow you to use your stock rear brake calipers, pads, and lines on new Baer 13 inch cross drilled and slotted brake rotors. This will upgrade both the appearance and performance of your Mustang.

Features:

* Rear Caliper Bracket (mounts your stock calipers)
* Cross Drilled and Slotted Zinc Plated Rotors
* No need to bleed brakes or even remove brake lines
* Quick installation!

2262011.jpg

It can be purchased thru our sponsor:
http://www.sn95forums.com/forum/index.php?topic=787

INSTALL

1.) Jack up car, put axel stands under rear, block front wheels. Remove wheels

2.) Remove parking brake cable from caliper
2.jpg

3.) Remove caliper bolts (2 @ 19mm)
1.jpg
1b.jpg

4.) Slide caliper off rotor and remove your old rotor, try not to let the brake line feeding into the caliper take the weight, support the caliper.

5.) Now you have to remove your groan bracket. Behind your caliper you will see the the u bolt and two nuts, remove the nuts (2 nuts @ 13mm) and slide the u bolt out, then remove the groan bracket.
3.jpg
3b.jpg

6.) Now more then likely you will have to take some excess off the groan bracket to make up for the added space that the new baer caliper braket will take up.  You cant really take too much off so dont worry but be careful.  I gound mine down untill it was almost even with the lip above, as you can see in the picture, this seemed to be the perfect amount and I wasnt fighting to force it in (I took less off the 1st time but it didnt quite fit so it took more off which I suggest you try.
Before:
3c.jpg
3d.jpg

After:
3e.jpg
3f.jpg

Once done re-install.

7.) Now place the new baer caliper bracket in place with the stock caliper mounting location.
NOTE: If you want to keep the dust shield you will have to trim off the far left corner so that it doesnt interfere with the bracket. Either that or remove the dust sheild completly (I trimmed, took me like 30 seconds might not look pretty but will be hidden with the brakes when finished anyways)
4.jpg

8.) Now, Slide the bolts in new bracket from the outside but dont tighten them up yet. This bracket lifts the caliper mounting location up to allow for the 13" rotor to fit.
5b.jpg

9.) Now fit the groan bracket back in place, it should fit, might need to wiggle it around, if it is still too tight grind more off. Once its in put the u-bolt back thru and just put the nuts on finger tight so that the ubolt doesn't slide out.
5c.jpg
5d.jpg

10.) Now tighten up the new baer bracket via the supplied bolts, nuts, and washers I found a wrench on the front and a socket on the back worked the best. Then tighten up the groan bracket
6.jpg

Now your pretty much done! Grab a beer and take a quick break! :eek:ccasion14:

11.) With everything tight its time to slide on the new rotor. Hold the rotor in place with a nut or two, or any other way (just makes it easier).
NOTE: At this time I installed new pads which I would recommend if they havent been replaced recently.

12.) Now its time to install the caliper again, slide it over your rotor and bolt it up to the new baer bracket with the supplied bolts.
NOTE: it says to use the hex bolt in the top location which is wrong because it doesn't even extend thru the end of the bracket, you use it on the bottom. I didnt use the hex since I didnt have a large enough allen key for it, plus I wouldn't be able to torque it enough anyways so I just used my old stock caliper bolt which worked fine.
NOTE 2: If your caliper wont fit on the rotor...you have to compress the piston in the caliper, you will need a 'rear caliper tool' (which you should be able to rent) for this since the caliper has to be spun as well as forced in at the same time

13.) Place your wheels back on, torque to spec to make sure you dont damage your new rotors.

rear.jpg
rear2.jpg

Your done!

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Re: 13" Baer Rear Upgrade Kit

Looks good - I want those for my car

d_punch

Reaction score

do they happen to sell just the caliper bracket, without the rotors?

i ask cause i have bigger rotors on the front what size i don't recall. all i know is any bigger and my stock cobra rims wouldn't fit. and i want to do the same rotors out back. but the rotors i have in the front are just bigger HD rotors, NO slots or crossed drilled.

thanks
joe

spdracer

Reaction score

just got this installed on my car as well as the front calipers and rotors with steal braded lines, the difference is night and day amazing!!!!!

86blackwidow

Reaction score
Re: 13" Baer Rear Brake Upgrade Kit - /w Pics

Nice write up install looks great.

lanthony155

Reaction score

this kit just for the rear ? or both

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score

Rear Only.

lanthony155

Reaction score

hmm do they make a set for the front to match

OP
OP
Matt94GT

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

well Baer and PBR/Cobra calipers are the same i've been told. IMO My cobra 13" brakes with slotted/drilled rotors matches pretty well!

waxed5-full.jpg

mallevad

Reaction score

I have the Baer 13" fronts and the Baer 13" rears and they stop like nothing else! Saved my ass when I thought my ass was gone! Paid for themselves right then and there!

OP
OP
Matt94GT

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
hurmm im not sure, I think you would have to get a different rotor, I would talk to the guys at stangsuspension or our sponsor Art @ artsperformanceparts.com he replys back fast usually.

HuskerGT

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
well Baer and PBR/Cobra calipers are the same i've been told. IMO My cobra 13" brakes with slotted/drilled rotors matches pretty well!

waxed5-full.jpg
^^ Damn that's a great pic of your Stang! Especially with that brake setup.

encasedmetal

Reaction score
should mention that this kit does not work on cobras unless you swap to a gt over axle caliper bracket

94-5.0GT

Reaction score
does anyone know the part number for this kit? i cant find it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Staff online

Members online