13" Cobra Rear Brakes... Coming soon!

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I've been getting blasted with people asking for this, since I've hinted at it before. We're on the home stretch.. putting this into testing as soon as I can get the car apart. 13" Cobra front brakes mounted to the rear.

The main issue that could potentially arise is piston knock-back due to the floating C-clip axles, so the main function of our testing will be to make sure that this will not be a problem. Based on the measurements and math I've done so far, we'll be in the clear, but testing always tells the full story. Edit: Turned out not to be an issue! We're in the clear :)

SN95_13INCH_REAR_BRAKES.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
anyone wanting a dirty/used pair of calipers for cheap that they can clean up and do this with pm me.

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Will it work with irs? E break?

Theres been a lot of interest in the IRS version so its definitely #1 priority once the SRA version is complete. We're already working on the IRS bracket.

No cable e-brake, you'll want to use one of these: http://www.jamarperformance.com/Online/catalog/products.php?56 I'll be testing it myself

What size rotors? Will the brake bias have to be adjusted?

13". Will be doing testing as far as the bias goes and get back to you.

Reaction score

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Interested.. Need too do more research on the e brake.. I think i seen kits that use another brackets to mount a different caliper for e brake.. Thanks I'll keep an eye I on this

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Interested.. Need too do more research on the e brake.. I think i seen kits that use another brackets to mount a different caliper for e brake.. Thanks I'll keep an eye I on this

OMG PETE IF YOU CAN DO THAT IT WILL BE SOOOOOO TITS LEGIT!!! Cobra twin piston AND THE SINGLE PISTON?!?!?!?

:lewx4:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Willwood makes a single piston add-on for e-brakes but it would be another mounting point to engineer into it.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
88ac624fcfb70d6f7db4df710a166eae.jpg

something like this.. I believe this is a bolt on kit for the Panoz but works on the irs mustang..

wmfateam

Reaction score
Do people not use the trans to keep it from moving? Good old Arizona with all of the flatness. And most race cars remove the e brake.

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Do people not use the trans to keep it from moving? Good old Arizona with all of the flatness. And most race cars remove the e brake.

My thoughts exactly... I've given up arguing that e brakes are practically useless

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well now yes some cars are not meant to be parked and only driven on flat ground, ect. And then there are the other %95 of us.....

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Seems like my car is always parked on an incline. Some sort of E brake is a must for me. I have an extra set of Cobra calipers in the garage and would love to put them on the rear of the Cobra.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online