13" Cobra Rear Brakes... Coming soon!

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I need e brake if i want to drive it. I been looking at the hydraulic e break. I think i can make it work. Some kits have a handle that mounts like the stock unit.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I need e brake if i want to drive it. I been looking at the hydraulic e break. I think i can make it work. Some kits have a handle that mounts like the stock unit.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

I think the park lock will be a good option. Going to test it myself

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Here's a comparison on stock vs. 13"

BTW.. If you want notifications on preorders, our email sign up is here: http://eepurl.com/cip2lz, we're also taking a survey of GT/V6 SRA vs Cobra SRA vs Cobra IRS

1-300x300.jpg
3-300x300.jpg
4-300x300.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have a set of PBR calipers that need cleaning and rebuilt that I would sell for $50. If anyone want them pm me.

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Preorders are open- https://www.fullytorquedracing.com/mustang/sn95-13-rear-brake-bracket.html Use coupon code EARLYBIRD for a discount

*Please* read the FAQs and "important notes" but if you really don't want to, I'm here to answer questions.

3c938aaad71351b3f4ea2ed2e9405fb0.jpg
463fc68c6588270b774fb2b719ededd3.jpg

Preorders placed before November 2nd will be guaranteed to ship the week of November 14th. Orders placed after this cutoff will be shipped on a first-come, first-served basis.

IMPORTANT NOTES
• This kit has no parking brake provision. There are many hydraulic options on the market if you need to retain parking brake functionality.
• Installation of a proportioning valve is recommended, as the addition of much larger rear brakes throws off the stock brake bias. We recommend the Wilwood 260-12627 proportioning valve. Installation is fairly straightforward and does not take very long. You must also disable the stock proportioning block by removing the internals and replacing the plug.
• The 8.8 axles are considered "floating c-clip axles", meaning that they have ~0.04" of lateral play in them. The 2 piston cobra calipers are semi-floating, meaning that they rely on the lateral movement of the pads and pins to keep from experiencing piston knockback. Therefore, it is extremely important that the edges of the pads (where the pads meet the caliper bracket) are properly lubricated with brake grease. Failure to keep this surface properly lubricated can result in knock back and/or excessive dragging. In our testing, there are no knockback or binding issues with a properly maintained braking system.
• If the pad seats are not properly maintained, sound will be evident under hard cornering. Please keep in mind that these calipers may make more noise than the stock calipers when subjected to cornering forces.
• Due to Ford's less-than-perfect production tolerances, it is possible that some cars have spacing that is out-of-spec for what our brake kit supports. Therefore, shims are included with the kit to correct the rotor-to-caliper lateral spacing. This distance can vary quite a bit, if you have any questions please send us and email and we will help you measure to see if you will require additional shims.
• This kit uses a rotor that was originally designed for the front, so the rotor bore is slightly larger than the rear hub bore. The kit includes 0.01" thick shim strips which are used to center the rotor properly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
What will this do to the brake bias? +1 for the cobra irs kit.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

With 14" 4piston up front, the rears will lock up first. Wilwood proportioning valve is a quick fix and will make everything balanced again

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've been getting blasted with people asking for this, since I've hinted at it before. We're on the home stretch.. putting this into testing as soon as I can get the car apart. 13" Cobra front brakes mounted to the rear.

The main issue that could potentially arise is piston knock-back due to the floating C-clip axles, so the main function of our testing will be to make sure that this will not be a problem. Based on the measurements and math I've done so far, we'll be in the clear, but testing always tells the full story.

Will c-clip elimination kits prevent/resolve this?

Do people not use the trans to keep it from moving? Good old Arizona with all of the flatness. And most race cars remove the e brake.
I used to do this; then when my car rolled out of a parking spot, I stopped.

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Will c-clip elimination kits prevent/resolve this?

Didn't end up being an issue :)

I used to do this; then when my car rolled out of a parking spot, I stopped.

I have a pretty steep driveway, was not a fun time chasing my car down to the street when I accidentally left it in 3rd instead of 1st lol. Never had an issue in 1st thank God.

Reaction score
With 14" 4piston up front, the rears will lock up first. Wilwood proportioning valve is a quick fix and will make everything balanced again

When I buy this kit I'm gonna come visit so you guys can do it for me...the whole idea of opening the diff and using that wilwood kit freak me out

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online