13's finally...FTMFW...

95PGTTech

Reaction score
Well, Atco sucked again on Tuesday. What really sucked was Julia was not able to attend because she had to go to work. It's pretty lame going to the track to run a car you bought for your wife without her being there. Anyhow, what was good was the turnout (and bad), like a day at Englishtown. There were a good half dozen sn95's, and another sn95 cobra in our color (5.0 with a procharger but ugly chrome rims and didn't run). A bunch of people broke on top of the HUGE crowd so I only got 4 runs, what a waste of time (1hr drive).

the only changes from this time to last were I really concentrated all week on the street at riding out the clutch between 2000-3000. I ran 23 psi in the tires this time as opposed to 21 before, fearing I was losing a little top end. On run 3 I did a slight hop of the tires to try and clear some junk off of them, it made no difference in my 60'. The 60's are finally consistent, and getting down to where I want them. A fellow sn95er with a 5.0 GT was telling me how my 315 sumuto's are worse than stock 245's (he runs sumuto 315's as well), so that encouraged me a little. I had a half tank of gas and it was just as bad if not worse than last time as far as high temperatures and humidity. I paid absolutely no attention to R/T's today, just trying to nail the launch and get that 13.XX ET we've been chasing.

run 1: some noisy jackass sitting in the lane next to me, I stage real early like I prefer to so I can just sit there at my desired launch rpm. My Probe has a launch control, I'm really thinking of getting one for this car. he left so loud/hard that I couldn't tell if I chirped the tires or not. 2000rpm slip

R/T: .181
60': 2.399
330': 6.206
1/8: 9.318
MPH: 79.27
1000: 11.975
1/4: 14.208
MPH: 101.26

run 2: again a noisy guy, I miss second gear, curse myself, then get back on it. this was a hotlap just like last week. less than ten minutes between runs. launch was from 2000, didn't chirp just grabbed and bogged

R/T: .442
60': 2.235
330': 6.670
1/8: 10.086
MPH: 73.04
1000: 12.890
1/4: 15.191
MPH: 99.04

run 3: almost two hours later, the sun is finally starting to set. I miss third and coast, I thought I heard something in the trans - turned out to be nothing. this was the one I did the burnout on. was so concentrated on that I did a poor job at the tree and popped off the clutch and just lit them up.

R/T: .413
60': 2.258
330': 5.926
1/8: 9.187
MPH: 75.21
1000: 11.925
1/4: 14.507
MPH: 81.51

run 4: almost 3 hours later, temps are now down in the 70's and the motor is ice cold (barely up to temp when finally getting into the waterbox). guy in front of me breaks so I have a long time to sit again and let the tires dry. I run alone this pass. 3000rpm slip, small chirp and just went. felt really good in first and second, I knew it could be the run so I was really concentrating on being careful 2-3 and took FOREVER to shift.

R/T: .806
60': 2.181
330': 5.924
1/8: 9.014
MPH: 80.17
1000: 11.621
1/4: 13.812
MPH: 103.36

I have a feeling that a lot of the run was the temperatures (hence the big mph), but that is my best launch (60' wise) in the car to date. It feels good to finally crack 13's, and it being a deep 13.8 makes me think that I can back it up, it wasn't a fluke. If I can get a short shifter in it along with a quadrant and adjuster I think I can catch 2-3 more consistently. In my mind, the car should be somewhere in the 13.6-13.7 range with a better street tire and the driver mod.

TheBab

Reaction score
Nice times.. and yea those tires suck really bad.. :(

OP
OP

95PGTTech

Reaction score
already bargaining with Julia as to whether I can throw the bottle I used to use on the Probe or not. Already have all the hardware, jets, lines, solenoids etc. to start at a 50 wet and work my way up to a 125 wet, got a brand new wideband and gauges too. All we would need is a gauge bezel and a cold air with a boss so the install doesn't look gay, and a cool place to purge it. an xcal and a dyno tune really wouldn't hurt either.

and some bigger balls.

ripper

Reaction score
Ive never been able to get more than 3 runs in at Englishtown on wed or fri nite. It suks if your racing like i was (Sunoco points Challenge) cause you really cant get the time in to tune and dial in yer car. They call it test and tune nite but its actually watch the ricers blow up and wait for cleanup nite. Then on Sunday when you race your lucky to get 1 pass to dial in. WTF? Bracket racing suks. You have to play catch up all nite and then when you do catch them and get a half a length on em you have to pedal cause your afraid of breaking out. When i was a kid i had a 55 chevy with a 327 I raced there. It was c/mod/pro. They had a REAL tech there that went over your car and you were classified and ran that class. Headsup.

Passenger

Reaction score
Congrats bro! Our track doesn't open for another 10 days :(

OP
OP

95PGTTech

Reaction score
Stevo said:
Ive never been able to get more than 3 runs in at Englishtown on wed or fri nite. It suks if your racing like i was (Sunoco points Challenge) cause you really cant get the time in to tune and dial in yer car. They call it test and tune nite but its actually watch the ricers blow up and wait for cleanup nite. Then on Sunday when you race your lucky to get 1 pass to dial in. WTF? Bracket racing suks. You have to play catch up all nite and then when you do catch them and get a half a length on em you have to pedal cause your afraid of breaking out. When i was a kid i had a 55 chevy with a 327 I raced there. It was c/mod/pro. They had a REAL tech there that went over your car and you were classified and ran that class. Headsup.

yeah the only reasons I really want to hit up e-town once are to see what the car can do avoiding the water and to make her drive it, e-town is a lot more photogenic. I also have never gotten more than 3 runs on any trip ever there. :lame:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online