1800 hp lamborghini gallardo sets new standing mile record at 0-254mph in 20.854 sec

JoshHooten

Reaction score
[video=youtube;wPbj19mJ02Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPbj19mJ02Q[/video]

another vid of the same car.
[video=youtube;i44_jj8gy80]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i44_jj8gy80[/video]
[video=youtube;8BwIniaHIUE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BwIniaHIUE[/video]

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Thats just toooo wicked!!!

I wanna go down the mile myself but my expectations are far less than that.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Gayardo's are my least favorite Lamborghini but I think this one is the exception.

That was awesome.

kb1982

Reaction score
I would love to do a standing mile on my motorcyle. I would have to limit it to 185 mph on the speedo reading so it didnt shut off, but being able to enjoy the speed for that long of a distance would be awesome.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would love to do a standing mile on my motorcyle. I would have to limit it to 185 mph on the speedo reading so it didnt shut off, but being able to enjoy the speed for that long of a distance would be awesome.
why not turn off the gov?

kb1982

Reaction score
Only way to do that on the 08-10 Kawasaki Zx10R is by using a race ecu from kawasaki, which are not very cheap. Older bikes I had, you only had to fool the ecu that it was in 5th grear, only 6th gear had the gov. Fool the signal from the gear positoin sensor to the ecu and you was golden. Now with traction control on bikes, things are becoming alot more difficult to work around.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Only way to do that on the 08-10 Kawasaki Zx10R is by using a race ecu from kawasaki, which are not very cheap. Older bikes I had, you only had to fool the ecu that it was in 5th grear, only 6th gear had the gov. Fool the signal from the gear positoin sensor to the ecu and you was golden. Now with traction control on bikes, things are becoming alot more difficult to work around.

ITs probably for the best I mean I think Z-rated tires are not even really rated past that speed. Be both easy enough and bad enough on a car with its tires spinning that fast to try and separate from the centripidal force that it has going but on a bike to loose one wheel at that speed you better have some REALLY thick leathers, a nice diaper and good health insurance..

kb1982

Reaction score
Actually the (W) are rated for 168+ and the Z are rated for 149+ on bikes. Never seen any data for how much that plus goes up to though, but id be willing to say they would endure a standing mile with ease. It takes a very short amount of time to get to 186 (minus 8% for speedo error) if you have the the bike in 4th at 8k rpm when u stab it. Cover less than a 1/4 mile from the time you stab it to topspeed, but it doesnt leave anytime to enjoy it before you have to back out unlike in the standing mile.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I realize that, i thought the whole point of the standing mile was fastest speed, not who could complete it the quickest. guess they have records for both. the GT clearly wins as far as speed goes.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I was going to say from the start the ford gt is faster

OP
OP
JoshHooten

JoshHooten

Reaction score
I realize that, i thought the whole point of the standing mile was fastest speed, not who could complete it the quickest. guess they have records for both. the GT clearly wins as far as speed goes.
yea i think its just the time it finished in.. the gt has the record for speed. either way both cars are simply amazing..if i had a choice id def be the gt though

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
thought it was strange they prepped the lane for the Lamborghini and not the GT. Wonder what the gt would have done if it launched on a prepped surface?

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
You would think... If the GT was going faster when it hit the mile, wouldn't it have completed it quicker than the Lamborghini, which had a lower top speed when crossing the mile?

Sent via swagPhone 5.0 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online