1983-1988 Ford Ranger air deflector install

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
It has been so long, but I think there are supposed to be some plastic pieces that are on the front of the core support behind the bumper that help to box the rad in and force the air through it? Any chance in the name of weight savings we might have tossed those to the side?

badass98svt

Reaction score
Think she was at 209 when I parked it earlier and I was seeing 214 or so on the freeway.

That's pretty high, but not crazy high.
Are you sure your electric fan is functioning at full capacity?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Think she was at 209 when I parked it earlier and I was seeing 214 or so on the freeway.
That's pretty high, but not crazy high.
Are you sure your electric fan is functioning at full capacity?
Remember, these are cylinder head temps on the coyote not actual coolant temps. And though these seem high, they are pretty well in line with stock temps.

I think his car is doing the same as mine. Driving in city or back roads between 50-70 mph, the temp stays low, but once you get on the interstate and turn 3k rpm for an hour or so, the temps are going up.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Remember, these are cylinder head temps on the coyote not actual coolant temps. And though these seem high, they are pretty well in line with stock temps.

I think his car is doing the same as mine. Driving in city or back roads between 50-70 mph, the temp stays low, but once you get on the interstate and turn 3k rpm for an hour or so, the temps are going up.

That's exactly what is happening. Time to add the sensor in the block. I'm going to order the adaptor today and I'll wire it to the Holley ECU for observation.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.