1991 GT 32V Cobra Swap project

vnmsgt

Reaction score
This thread I am going to post pics along the way of doing a 32V Cobra swap to my 1991 GT.I have owned this car for 14 years and got it from the original owner. Wanted to try something new and dont need all that power anymore. Below I will post some pics of the 347 with a Vortech I had before and some stuff I have got and work already started on. I have everything needed (I think so far) from donor cobra. I will be putting the complete front suspension and brakes off of a Cobra on this. I got a motor from a Lincoln MKVIII with just over 100k on it complete with all accessories I will be using minus the intake. I also have a set of 10th Anniversary Staggered wheels going on it with 315 Drag Radials on the rear.

OP
OP
V

vnmsgt

Reaction score
Test fitted the wheels and 315's on the rear. Have to use a 1/4" spacer to barely clear my inner porting of the wheel well even though it has been massaged in from old Mickey Thompson drag radials I had on the car.

OP
OP
V

vnmsgt

Reaction score
My old motor and Dyno sheet. 1st pull was 495 but I lost the sheet dammit. Was still pulling too up to 6k

OP
OP
V

vnmsgt

Reaction score
Lincoln MKVIII 32V I got for the swap. Removed the intake and getting a Cobra intake for it.

OP
OP
V

vnmsgt

Reaction score
Car was already converted to 5-lug but now going to put all Cobra Brakes on it. These are the old 94-95 Spindles with 99-04 calipers and rotors I took off.

OP
OP
V

vnmsgt

Reaction score
Debating keeping my coil overs or go back to Lowering springs and struts. Car never sat right with these. I think the spring is a little too stiff. Bought em used awhile ago so not sure of the rate or if they were for SN95 or not.

OP
OP
V

vnmsgt

Reaction score
Car as it sits tonight after removing the brake components. Next is taking out the brake booster, master cylinder, then K-member and then engine harness from car.

OP
OP
V

vnmsgt

Reaction score
Very nice! Interior looks super clean and I really like the wheel choice!

Thanks. I really like these 10th anniversary's. Most I have see, others have a lip on the them like deep dish wheels. I like that these do not yet there still Staggered.

OP
OP
V

vnmsgt

Reaction score
Complete Cobra intake I got for the motor including all the sensors, throttle body, injectors etc! Now just have to get the upper Hydrodipped like my valve covers.

OP
OP
V

vnmsgt

Reaction score
Had the original MKVIII valve covers Hydrodipped in blue snake skin by KJ Hydrographics in Orlando.

RichV

Reaction score
Clean looking Fox for sure. Did the 347 die? Looks like quite the project.

OP
OP
V

vnmsgt

Reaction score
Clean looking Fox for sure. Did the 347 die? Looks like quite the project.
No. I dont really race much anymore and I got tired of the cam, rough idle, surging, cooling issues, no A/C. Just wasnt fun to drive anymore so I sold the motor and tranny. Now I want something I can cruise across the state no problem, is somewhat quick, has A/C and can idle all day long in the florida heat.

OP
OP
V

vnmsgt

Reaction score
Thanks! I have had these done for awhile now. At the time I never saw it done before but now I see it pop up alot more.

RichV

Reaction score
No. I dont really race much anymore and I got tired of the cam, rough idle, surging, cooling issues, no A/C. Just wasnt fun to drive anymore so I sold the motor and tranny. Now I want something I can cruise across the state no problem, is somewhat quick, has A/C and can idle all day long in the florida heat.

Yea, I hear ya. That's a big reason I got my 05 GT. If I had the coin, it would be a GT500 or Boss. I think it's tough to make any hot rod dead reliable for street or daily use.

OP
OP
V

vnmsgt

Reaction score
Got done taking out the Kmember and steering rack tonight.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah