1994 5.0 Something is squealing

bmcgc

Reaction score
When driving with the top down I can hear a faint chirp or squeal. It sounds like a bearing.

As soon as I push in the clutch the sound stops.

Any ideas?

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
That would be your throwout bearing. Best way to go is an OEM FORD Throwout bearing from your local Ford dealer, or a Ford Racing throwout bearing. Do yourself a favor and get a new pilot bearing aswell, best to change them at the same time. Also get an oem ford pilot bearing or ford racing.

OP
OP
B

bmcgc

Reaction score
I told the misses that I hoped it wasn't the throw-out bearing. Its been 20 years since I changed one. Im not a young man anymore. I guess its time to see what a shop will charge. If its outrageous, I can do it with the help of my daughters husband, but he has projects of his own that take up his time. Everything else is tight, so it should be a fairly quick job.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I ended up getting my Mustang because the kid I bought it from didn't want to spend $500 for a shop to change the clutch. I told him I'd do it for $250+parts and it still wasn't cheap enough. So I ended buying the car for $2500. That was 7 years ago.

JKady

Reaction score
TOB isn't bad to do on one of these cars, I did mine this morning and even screwing around and fixing other stuff it only took a couple hours and I did it with mostly hand tools.

OP
OP
B

bmcgc

Reaction score
My tranny guy says the TOB is fine. He says the springs in the pressure plate are weak and that's the problem.

OP
OP
B

bmcgc

Reaction score
The shop replaced the springs on the pressure plate. He also replaced the hig pressure switch on the ac, evaced and filled the system. $187 for all. The clutch and ac both work fine

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.