1994/95 "stock ride" suspension parts.

tinnocker

Reaction score
What is the best brand and which parts to swap out to a " from the factory stock feel/ ride"? I don't want lowering springs or better handling, just the way it come off the show room floor. I know most would say just go to the parts counter at any parts store and let them order for you. I am wanting quality parts and reliability. I would appreciate opinions and results from those that have swapped these parts out. What parts are also important. My 94 has only 75,000 miles on it but I know rubber bushings wear out from time along with mileage. I have installed new oem shocks except the horizontal on in the rear. The ride was better but I still hear a bottoming out sound as I go across a crack in the pavement and feel the crack on my bottom. I have a little play in the steering that I would like to eliminate so tie rod ends, ball joints and new steering rack are some of the parts I know that I will need. If there is anything else, let me know. Brands are my concern, especially if you have installed them on your Mustang and can give an opinion. Carroll Shelby when he got older had to have his 4 speed jerked out of his personnel Cobra for an automatic. I will be 75 in May and I know this is my last toy and I am trying to make it as comfortable as I can. Thanks

Last edited:

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
First off… good for you, at 75, to still be enthusiastic about the car culture! I’m in awe and hope in 15 years I’ll be the same!

Stick to Ford MotorCraft parts for stock applications, including all the future components you intend to replace. They’re engineered for the stock performance you’re after and they’ll fit properly! No headaches, cussing, or multiple trips to the auto parts and/or hardware store.

If you MUST deviate due to unavailability, particularly on suspension components, I highly recommend Moog parts, especially the rubber bits, tie rod ends, etc! Excellent quality and fitment is 99.9% of the time exact.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online