1994 CD Player

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I just need to clarify that we have two different people wanting to put in a cd player? Last page I was told it wasn't mach and now we are concerned about amps again? Mach or not mach there is no problem putting in an aftermarket and getting it to play. Not sure what you mean about putting your face on another cd player. I assume you mean find another stock mustang player and not another?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you just have the 5x7s and no tweeters on the mirrors right? To bypass the amp its as easy as disconnecting a harness that is clipped to the dash next to the radio and using it as your speaker wires from the deck. Amp = bypassed and all is happy.

lutter94

Reaction score
you just have the 5x7s and no tweeters on the mirrors right? To bypass the amp its as easy as disconnecting a harness that is clipped to the dash next to the radio and using it as your speaker wires from the deck. Amp = bypassed and all is happy.
I think I might be running thru the factory amp yet. No mach or CD player originally. Have a photo of said connector? I won't see the car for at least a week

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
not on me anymore. Its an 8-pin harness that looks similar to the grey power harness but its black.

lutter94

Reaction score
So this would bypass them....

x120701770-F.jpg

lutter94

Reaction score
About 5 bucks on amazon with prime shipping, already ordered one, lol. Looked back to my crutchfield purchase, I "am" currently using the factory amps.....

OP
OP
B

bmcgc

Reaction score
I found a working CD player. To get the faceplate off do I remove the 4 screws and pry it off?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
there are 4 screws holding the face on. We have entirely too many people on the same post that is making it hard. PLEASE start your own post so I am not looking to see which person I am talking too and then look back to see what his problem was. I will try to separate them with my mod priv.

OP
OP
B

bmcgc

Reaction score
Actually this is my thread.

Im looking at the options to replace my non functioning CD player in my 94 GT convertible, AM/FM/CASS/CD non-Mach.

This car is as bone stock as it can be so Im not interested in any non-Ford solutions or cutting the dash or harness. This is my misses car and I do as she commands.

My current CD player is dead, it still looks brand new. I have found a working replacement CD player that I want to put my new looking faceplate on.

To remove the faceplate, do I just remove the 4 screws and pop the faceplate off, or is there more to it than that?

Working CD players are still pretty common and sell for around $50. I figure that I will buy a couple of them and keep a spare.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I took the other responses out that were confusing things by asking questions that should have been in its own post that I started for him.

I took my face off 10 years ago to make a dummy face to cover my alpine and if I remember correctly it was just as easy as taking out the screws on each side. I think the buttons and everything will stay in place but in case I am wrong have it facing down when you separate the two.

OP
OP
B

bmcgc

Reaction score
I quit working on the CD problem. I started a new job, we went on vacation, and have been busy the past couple months with life.

The past couple days the radio has been going dead, it will shut off, then a few minutes later it will come back on.

I think its time we kissed and said goodbye.

Although my misses wants to keep everything oem, I think that I am going to pull the HU and CD player and put in an aftermarket unit, bypassing the amp and installing the cubbyhole. New speakers as well.

Now to decide on what HU.

OP
OP
B

bmcgc

Reaction score
Im thinking indash NAV would be a nice feature.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
First off sorry it says I edited your post. I put what is at the bottom of this post, on the bottom of your post when I accidently hit the "edit post" feature I have as a mod here. I cut it out and left only the period, the two tabs are right next to one another.....

I quit working on the CD problem. I started a new job, we went on vacation, and have been busy the past couple months with life.

The past couple days the radio has been going dead, it will shut off, then a few minutes later it will come back on.

I think its time we kissed and said goodbye.

Although my misses wants to keep everything oem, I think that I am going to pull the HU and CD player and put in an aftermarket unit, bypassing the amp and installing the cubbyhole. New speakers as well.

Now to decide on what HU.

You should double check your wiring first to confirm that is not the problem or you will either find it when you replace it and fix it or have the same problem with the new gear

OP
OP
B

bmcgc

Reaction score
The install started slow but went smoother than I expected.

I bypassed the factory amp, removed the CD player and installed the cubby hole.

The Crutchfield stuff was top notch, I didn't have to cut any wires or butcher my faceplate.

The install looks clean and works well.

I ordered 4 new speakers and 2 new oem speaker grills for the rear, they should be here next week.

Thanks for the help.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
how did you bypass the amp? Only way I know would have required you to switch speaker wires at the speaker as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt