1994 convertible passenger window

1994Gtvert

Reaction score
Hey guys....

I have been having an issue with my passenger side window. It had a 1/4" gap at the top rear of the window. Today I had a friend of mine who use to be a mechanic notice it. He told me too roll the window up as he pushed on it. It goes into the seal groves, but the top rear of the window isn't right. It seals upto the sail window fine. He said he believes its not a convertible window. Its a mustang window but most likely a coupe or from another model year. What do you think?

PinkieT

Reaction score
Coupe windows are different, and I don't think they even roll down. I had a gap at the top of one of my back windows on my convertible and it turned out one of the front windows was off track. Once I fixed that, it all fit fine. That said, pics would sure help!

PinkieT

Reaction score
OK, I get it. Not the back seat window, the door window. This looks very much like mine before I fixed it. The one of the arms that raise and lower the window had popped out of the puck that slides down the track and so the window was cockeyed. If you take the door panel off and peel away the plastic liner, you can see the window mechanism and that might be your problem. The arms on mine had bent from being out of whack and so I just ordered a new window regulator/motor combo. Problem solved.

OP
OP
1994Gtvert

1994Gtvert

Reaction score
OK, I get it. Not the back seat window, the door window. This looks very much like mine before I fixed it. The one of the arms that raise and lower the window had popped out of the puck that slides down the track and so the window was cockeyed. If you take the door panel off and peel away the plastic liner, you can see the window mechanism and that might be your problem. The arms on mine had bent from being out of whack and so I just ordered a new window regulator/motor combo. Problem solved.

Thank you.....I'll have too check that out. I've had the door apart a few times, but never looked at the rear arms. Kept trying to adjust the four adjustment bolts without any real changes. I'm redoing my stereo, so when I do the speakers I'll check that out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online