1994 Convertible Sunvisors

Discussion in 'Exterior and Interior' started by bmcgc, Apr 1, 2015.

1. bmcgc

bmcgc Member

My sunvisors have seen better days.

The only replacements I have found are made by TMI and sold through CJ Pony parts.

I went to the TMI website looking for more information, but they don't list them.

They look like they fit both convertible and coupe, using the existing mounting hardware.

Has anyone bought and installed these?

I would prefer replacements in vinyl, color matched to the seats, but I think that would have to be a custom job at a local shop.

2. DropTopPony

DropTopPony Administrator Staff Member Admin SN95 Supporter

I didn't know TMI sold them. The vert sun visors are hard to find in good condition and when you do find them they aren't cheap.

TMI is a sponsor here so post this question in their section. I am curious if they do have SN visors.

3. bmcgc

bmcgc Member

I went to a local shop that a friend of mine uses. He removed the visors and is going to do them in a red vinyl to match the red leather interior. The material he is using is not an exact match, but close enough. $75 for the pair. He is pretty busy and it will be the end of next week before I get them back. Pics when I get them.

4. Tally_4.6

Tally_4.6 Well-Known Member

This ^

I got super lucky and found a triple black v6 'vert in the junkyard that had some in pretty good shape. Snagged em both for 10 bucks.

Check my build thread for pics lol

5. ttocs

ttocs Legend

it really would not be hard to wrap your own if you pick the material. If you look at it its basically just a piece of cardboard with fold in it, and then the mirror mounted in it. You just wrap the material around it, tuck it around the side of the mirror and then just tuck the ends in between the folds of the cardboard on the ends. Some 3m super77 adhesive would be all you would need and you could even leave the old material as long as it was not hanging off.