1994 gt 5.0 hesitation and misfire when hot and under load with egr code

sn9511285

Reaction score
what's up guys, im at a loss here trying to figure this thing out, car runs great when cold but within 5-10min it develops a miss and hesitation especially under load, once in a while on a hard launch it will even backfire, ive checked everything fuel and ignition related and all is good, idle is low as well, never shuts off and always starts good, sometimes it will idle as low as 5-600 rpms and almost sounds like its got a cam witch im almost positive it does not...it is throwing a CEL for code 332 for egr valve opening not detected, I don't see any vac lines that are bad or missing, and when I did the test on the egr valve to see if it would sputter or stall with engine running and pulling the vac line off the top of the egr like its supposed to do....idle never changes. so is my egr valve stuck shut??? if so would it cause my hesitation and misfire when hot and low idle and HORRIBLE fuel mileage? any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks:thumbsup:

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
welcome to the asylum
What mods if any do you have to the engine?
Did you check the MAF sensor operation?
How old are the cats?

OP
OP
S

sn9511285

Reaction score
welcome to the asylum
What mods if any do you have to the engine?
Did you check the MAF sensor operation?
How old are the cats?

thanks for the quick reply! as of now the only mod is CAI and has MAC cat back, has catted h pipe tho I don't know of its age, I bought the car a few months ago and just got it on the road a few days ago

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
CAI's are notorious for depositing oil on the MAF. (Unless you have the non oil type though)
But that code is usually left/right bank lean codes.

OP
OP
S

sn9511285

Reaction score
thanks ill check out the maf, so you don't think it has anything to do with the egr? code its throwing is "egr valve opening not detected"

OP
OP
S

sn9511285

Reaction score
just an update, I got it fixed...turned out to be a broken vacuum line going to the egr, fixed it and runs much smoother now, no miss,hesitation or cel light! thanks for the help tho!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online