1994 GT Build thread! (Better love story than Twilight)

Big_T

Reaction score
I have been though quite a lot with this hunk of metal they call a mustang. If you don't want to hear about the love story of the mustang skip down to the next paragraph. It all started January 23rd 2012. My friend owned this faded Atlantic blue 1994 mustang GT that had a door mat as a center column because he didn't know how to use a welder and burnt the interior on fire and he burnt a hole in the car where the emergency brake handle use to be! I KNEW IT WAS LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT AND I HAD TO HAVE IT! :) anyway after about a year of a lot of work on the car the rear-end blew up and the bolts snapped off in the heads so i ended up selling the car back to my friend who sold it to me because funds were tight. He owned the car for the past year and put in another stock rear-end and fixed the head bolts and got the thing running again but he never had a spot for it. SO one day i get a letter in the mail from a tow company saying i owe them money for a tow because my friend never registered it and i was the last owner of the car. I called my friend and he said he didn't have the money for the tow so if i pay the bill i can have the mustang back. IT WAS A SIGN FROM ABOVE IT WAS MEANT TO BE RESTORED! Now i have a MUCH better job and a 2 car garage to properly work on the thing so i agreed to paying for the tow. $300 later and a $200 tow to get it in my driveway its mine again and its time to be completely restored! What follows next is its current condition of the car and what my plans are for it!

Thanks for listening and enjoy!
;)

Problems with the car the way it sits in my driveway:

• T5 housing is cracked and leaking trans fluid. Crack is JB welded to stop the leak but the drain plug is now jb welded also.
  • Alternator is shot, car barely start with a brand new fully charged battery and when it does start battery light is on.
  • Clock spring is bad in the steering column. always showing airbag light and when you press both cruise control buttons horn beeps
  • no a/c compressor but a/c lines are still there
  • no air cone on CAI
  • low oil sensor wire is cut
  • suspension is old and shot, almost every bushing is cracked and corroded and spring insolators are missing on some sides
  • clutch and throwout bearing is shot
  • rearend is leaking fluid
  • has a lot of dents and scratches and paint is peeling and faded all over the car
  • driver side fender was replaced after hitting a tree and never painted so the top side is rusted
  • interior rug is burnt and melted
  • dashboard is cracked
  • seats are torn and patched up with jeans
  • trunk seals are shot and trunk interior doesnt line up so water gets into trunk
  • fuel tank straps are almost completely rusted out
  • small rust spot in the floor on the rear passengers side
  • many more little things

Here are some pictures to share the joy of this thing! :eek:

2aig86x.jpg

p9gfs.jpg

bhcbpz.jpg

vnmqfo.jpg

2jadmk3.jpg

2gy360x.jpg

34fci9v.jpg

21oomqf.jpg

OP
OP
Big_T

Big_T

Reaction score
Here is what ive gotten for the car so far:

afr 165 renegade heads
e303 cam
cobra upper and lower intake (upper intake is ported and powder coated blue)
24 lb injectors and calibrated maf with bbk CAI
freshly rebuilt world class t5
MGW short throw shifter
rearend with 3.73 gears
staggered chrome 03 cobra reps
custom cobra r fiberglass hood
Saleen S351 wing

Plans are to strip the car completely and rebuild the motor outside of the car and get the shell painted completely and get the rust patched up then in with all the new goodies.
Going to do a complete black interior swap and going to clean up the bay a whole lot!

Here is a picture of the cobra reps on the car and a picture of the custom hood and saleen wing!

14l62s2.jpg

1l0lz.jpg

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I can totally understand the attraction to the car. but maaaan that a lot of stuff wrong

OP
OP
Big_T

Big_T

Reaction score
haha yeah i know thats why im gonna strip it completely and do it right one step at a time. Should be a nice fun project!!!

OP
OP
Big_T

Big_T

Reaction score
Yeah, just waiting til October 1st because that's when I move into my new place with a 2 car garage. Then the entire thing is getting stripped down to nothing. Subscribe if you haven't already because that's when all the fun will begin!

OP
OP
Big_T

Big_T

Reaction score
yea, 94/95 is probably one of my favorite mustangs! i love the sn95 look and i LOVE the 5.0L! its for sure gonna be a fun build and im excited! :)

Mustanger

Reaction score
I am doing the exact same engine mods! Should be a nice running street car but very drive-able & easy to live with. I just need the heads & the Cobra lower TMoss ported. Good luck man!

OP
OP
Big_T

Big_T

Reaction score
HAHA that's funny because my car will be blue with white stripes! apposite colors of yours! But yeah should be a good build, i've done a lot of reading and research and it seems like exactly what i want the car to do and with finding the right deals on parts. Should be good, good luck to you too sir! let me know how your build turns out!

OP
OP
Big_T

Big_T

Reaction score
Update:

I have installed the high output alternator and i have gotten the pony into its new stable where it will go through its huge transformation.

Next step is to pull the motor and trans and start stripping it down to nothing!!! cant wait!!!! :thumbsup:

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Update:

I have installed the high output alternator and i have gotten the pony into its new stable where it will go through its huge transformation.

Next step is to pull the motor and trans and start stripping it down to nothing!!! cant wait!!!! :thumbsup:
Wait... you put the alternator on just to take it back off??

OP
OP
Big_T

Big_T

Reaction score
Wait... you put the alternator on just to take it back off??

yes i put it in because the car runs right now and i had to drive it to the new garage but the alternator was bad. so i had to replace it. plus i needed something to do while i waited for my truck to cool down to change the oil.

but thanks chris! i cant wait either. im running out of stuff to buy for it. now its just time for my lease to start so i can work on it and get it all done!!! just need 1.6 pedestal mount rockers which i may have found some today i want. and a 70mm TB. once i have those 2 things i wont need anything else except for interior, but who really needs that! ;) rofl

OP
OP
Big_T

Big_T

Reaction score
No i'm making it the sonic blue to match the hood wing and my cobra upper intake is powder coated sonic blue also!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online