1994 gt start sputter stall

94blackGT

Reaction score
I give up, I have replaced the fuel pump and the fuel filter and it seemed to mask the problem briefly. Now when I go to start it it sputters then stalls. Its let me down twice in the past week. the first time the voltage to the fuel pump was OK so i replaced the pump and filter. It ran fine for 4 days and now its doing the same thing. Any Ideas?? Other than selling it and buying an LS1??? (OK last part was a joke, I'm just frustrated.)Its been towed twice this week for this same problem. :help2: :help2: :help2:

wcngt

Reaction score
Sounds like it is spark or fuel related.....instead of guessing whats wrong with it, take it to a shop and have them scan it for codes..It might save you more frustration

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
check your hoses. mine was doing the same and there was a big vaccum leak right under my CAI

Five-O

Reaction score
Need a bit more info. Once it dies have you tried to start it again? If so what does it do IN DETAIL? Does it turn over, does it make any kind of noises, or just not do anything at all?

OP
OP

94blackGT

Reaction score
Repeats, turn over, lots of juice....Sputter and stall, with in 10 seconds.... same then repeated over and over and over....lol Wants to start but wont Don't smell any fuel though....Lots of cranking juice.

Five-O

Reaction score
I'm sorry i dont think i 100% understand. By juice and lots of cranking juice do you mean you're pumping the gas pedal to start it or are you repeatedly turing the key until it finally cranks?

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Well mine was okay putt putting around town, but when i went full throttle it would die. Check hoses. also do yourself a favor check your fuel filter. that may be the cause.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online