1994 Mods/parts questions

19mach199

Reaction score
Just looking for some help for a newbie!

I have a bone stock automatic 1994 and a donor car.

I took out the 5-speed and 3.73 rear end from the donor to put in my stocker.

In addition, I have the following parts i'd like to throw on my stock motor from the donor but would like to know if i'd really see a major difference with a stock cam.

Edelbrock performer upper and lower intake (30lb injectors)
BBK 70mm throttle body
GT40P's with 1.6 Rockers and shorty headers

I also have a powerdyne supercharger but not sure if i'm going to put that on.

Any thoughts or info would be great. Then i'll be selling the donor as a roller chassis and or part out the remaining.

Thanks,
Tom

hotmustang95

Reaction score
You'll see some gains but a cam matched to your setup would hit the sweet spot. Look for a cam. Their cheap and you won't have to take the motor apart again later.I ran a Steeda 19 for years and that was a nice cam.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Get yourself a good cam like a Trickflow Stage One. I run that and a full trickflow top end, car rips. Check your pushrods and make sure they're good when you do the heads. I highly recommend ARP head bolts or head studs, either will do fine. With the upgraded injectors and throttlebody, you'd want to upgrade your MAF housing as well. Something like a 70 or 76mm, and make sure it comes calibrated for your 30lb injectors. Other then that, 3.73s are perfect, and the rest will tie in together nicely.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
As for the blower. If you plan on using it, sell those 30lb injectors. You'll need 60lb injectors. Either way you go, get yourself an upgraded fuel pump. If you don't use the blower, a Walbro 255 LPH fuel pump will be perfect. If you do use the blower, a larger one such as an Aeromotive 340 LPH would be optimal. Advancing your timing a few degrees will help some too, but that means you'll need to run a higher octane such as 93 or 91. Hope that helps ya!

Mikes94gt

Reaction score
Which cam would give better gains? Steeda 19 or E303? Or about same

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score

I ran a powerdyne years back.. 30lbs injectors and a 255lph fuel pump.. Tfs1 cam .. Never dyno tho..

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

OP
OP

19mach199

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the input.... i might just sell the supercharger and play with the bolt on parts.... I was trying to not change the cam but it sure seems like that is a popular item on here thus far.... allot of stuff to take off to get at that guy!...

The donor car was a running setup but needed a new bottom end and some other stuff so i'm going to just go with my 100% stock rig and play with it part by part. I want to eventually build a motor from the bottom up so I didn't really want to tear into it to far. Just want a fun street car and i'm sure just the gears will change the tempo!!! considering it has some crazy highway gear in it now.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I do not understand. You have a supercharger that will bolt on but you are just going to sell it? you could keep the cam and do the supercharger and get a ton more power.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online

No members online now.