1994 Mustang GT - 'EVIL5OH' Build

RICE ETR

Reaction score
Little bit of the back story before I get into the build. Since I was 15/16 I had a huge crush on Fox 5.0's and 94/95's. I worked at a gas station during high school and subsequently could not afford what was then "my dream car". Fast forward a few years to college days, I seemed to put the Mustang fantasy on the back burner. I toyed around with a lot of cars and seemed to burn through them every 8-18 months ( Spec V, SRT-4, Lancer, Lancer Ralliart Turbo, Jeeps, Audi TT to name a few). I do not know what it is, but I feel the need to own every car in the world!

I graduated college in 2009 and started my job, last october I was offered a promotion to manage a location 6 hrs west of where my wife and I lived. The opportunity was good, we have no kids and nothing holding us back so I accepted. We knew no one here, not a sole! I needed something to keep me busy, I know virtually nothing about mechanics as I regretfully relied way too much on friends to do most of my work as side jobs. I sold my Audi TT in Feb '14 to build a garage, well what good is a garage without a toy to wrench in!? So I began my hunt online on local classifieds to find a 87-95 Mustang, ideally I was after a 87-93 notchback 5.0. Nothing was really in my budget of $3,000. After nearly 4 weeks my 1994 Mustang GT was listed, 2 1/2 drive away though. This was going to be tough to convince my wife that I want to take $3,000 of our money to buy a 20 year old car and I need you to drive me 2 1/2 away (each way) to pick it up lol, we ended up settling, she agreed for me to buy it, but she wasn't going down there! I offered the seller his asking price if he'd deliver it, I purchased it sight unseen.

After a day or two of the car sitting out back the novelty really wore off, I will never purchase a car sigh unseen as I definitely over paid for this beater! I put a temp permit on it drive it for a day to see what would need immediate repairs. Brakes were terrible, suspension was like a comfy couch bouncing all over the road and body was severely neglected from sitting in the sun, I didn't think this was too bad!.

I made a point to take lots of pictures of the Mustang its current state, my S3 decided to have a software issue and all my photos, contacts, etc were gone! So i've got virtually no pictures of what it was like before.

These are the only two photos of prebody work. Most of the body had clear coat pealing and the bumpers had a fair amount of paint flaking off.

DSCN04791_zps902eba20.jpg

DSCN04781_zps90c9e1cb.jpg

Found a local guy selling 18x9 & 18x10 Foose Nitrous wheels and Nitto tires for $600 I grabbed them and primered the Mustang
DSCN04851_zpsdbf315b3.jpg

DSCN04871_zps18dc0547.jpg

DSCN04861_zps1b41994c.jpg

Unfortunately the Foose wheels did not work out, the fitment was for '05+ Mustangs. The rear tires were 295/45/18 and even with a roll they were hitting just about everything. I traded them for some '95 GT wheels with 255 tires plus $650 on the buyers end.

Getting stripped and ready for paint.
20140520_180627_zpsc3ay5nla.jpg

All done.
20140523_093633_zpsb2vmptag.jpg

Took advantage of the KYB $40 MIR and bought a set of 4 for $200. Scored some Pro Kit front springs for $60
20140517_164920_zps4f84eef2.jpg

Grabbed a Mach 1 lip from American Muscle
images

Needed to replace those yellow'd stock headlights, 'spec d' tinted headlights
2lclh-mst94g-tm.jpg

Front lowered, headlights in, lip on.
image_zps48a46259.jpg

image_zps0cd56e95.jpg

OP
OP
RICE ETR

RICE ETR

Reaction score
CD player in the Mustang did no read CD's and the door speakers were blown, you need tunes for cruising!

Wal-Mart Door speakers, hopefully these will do for a little while
20140601_145832_zpsd8ayyvno.jpg

Sony Deck with wired bluetooth.
IMG_00021_zps02cc98ad.jpg

1.5" Spacers for the rear, white faced gauges and leds.
20140529_102042_zpsk8u4gaym.jpg

Raining Saturday, time to install audio, gauges and LEDS.

20140601_110116_zpsnydsr15q.jpg

20140601_171714_zps03nhrqkd.jpg

20140601_151252_zps6bthwqu5.jpg

20140601_151256_zpss9gcvzny.jpg

Now to do something about these seats!
image_zpse1299ac8.jpg

Purchased a set of Cipher Seats and Mustang Specific Brackets!
image_zps659c36da.jpg

IMG_03661_zps2d66e2af.jpg

Picked up some H&R Rear Springs on Ebay
image_zpsa3fdd3bc.jpg

Seats In, Rear Springs In, Spacers on, Carwash to finish the day!
image_zps36d942d9.jpg

Went on Ebay after drinking too much, made an offer on these wheels and woke up to it being accepted ;) I know they're not 'Mustang' like, I wanted something different than Cobra's, bullets, etc.
$_35.JPG

image_zpse4e3cf9f.jpg

image_zps9d946648.jpg

I needed to do something about the primer! I actually got a lot of complements from people on it, I hated it, looked ghetto as hell and was constantly dusty as I live in a new development with loads of construction. In hind site I should have taken it to Macco for a quick base a clear for $400-$500. Against my better judgement I decided to spend $60 on spray paint of Canadian Tire :nono:

image_zpsba1de4ed.jpg

The car remained parked for a few weeks while I sorted out some rear end rattling which ended up being my beautiful 4" Tip I had installed and have now been cut off :cry:

Decided to order a custom plate, 4 days later this comes in!
image_zpsfb332f6e.jpg

Needed something bigger than a 255 in the rear!!
image_zps0db4693e.jpg

After lots of wet sanding and some spray can clear coat, tinted tail lights and new tires on :headbang:
IMG_04721_zpsae0b3e46.jpg

IMG_04731_zps2549f4a3.jpg

IMG_04711_zpsf161744d.jpg

That's it for now, it's been my 6 month journey to date, I think i've got a decent start on it with lots more to come over the winter. Some stuff is not shown, I did have it regeared with 4.10's but no photos.

Plans for the winter:
-Black leather seats for rear
-New Exhaust, LT's, H Pipe, Custom Exhuast Dumped over Axle
-Paint if the funds suffice.
-Unsure on engine work, something is going to be done, probably H/C/I but i've got an itch for a blower!

I would like to get out to the local dyno for some base line #'s before my winter plans, which i'm not sure what i'll do.

Comments (good or bad) feel free to shout 'em out!

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
It's a good looking car man I like what you've done with it! Glad you decided against the stripes you ask about a while back lol. And honestly I really liked it better with the Tri-bar style wheels than these and I hate the tri-bars lol. It's good to be different though! And btw wingless FTW!

OP
OP
RICE ETR

RICE ETR

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Looks good man I dig the wheels.I think I asked you in another thread but do you like the 4.10s?

Im 110% satisfied with my gear choice. My car was an absolute turd with the 2.73's, it felt like it had to 'wind' up to make power. Now I'm instantly in the cars powerband at all time, my car also has a shift kit. It's tough to keep my foot off the pedal though, with no traffic around I almost always need to kick the back end out! I do very little highway/freeway driving. I drive my car maybe twice a week to work which is approx. 4 miles of freeway and it can burry the needle rather quickly so if you like top end speed 4.10's May not be for you!

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Nice build, that car is going to look killer with a good paint job. I know everyone knocks maaco, but they did a fantastic job on my v6 I had in high school.... Just depends on the manager and reputation of each specific location

OP
OP
RICE ETR

RICE ETR

Reaction score
Keep up the good work!! How do those cheap seats feel for a daily driver?
This is not a daily, I drive it 2-3 times a week, it will never be a daily as we've got two new vehicles. The seats are 'inexpensive' but I don't not feel they are cheap, the quality is good. I had these in one of my old lancers ( which was a daily ) and all was good. I will say, if you're larger they will not be comfortable, my friend is 270ish and he looks very uncomfortable in my car haha.

thanks for the kind words Orange!

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
This is not a daily, I drive it 2-3 times a week, it will never be a daily as we've got two new vehicles. The seats are 'inexpensive' but I don't not feel they are cheap, the quality is good. I had these in one of my old lancers ( which was a daily ) and all was good. I will say, if you're larger they will not be comfortable, my friend is 270ish and he looks very uncomfortable in my car haha.

thanks for the kind words Orange!

Please excuse my choice of words but I meant inexpensive seats...

OP
OP
RICE ETR

RICE ETR

Reaction score

DavidBoren

Reaction score
Looks good. I really like the no spoiler look on the SN. Maybe it's just that I hate spoilers. Anyways, you should definitely try get a dyno tune. Establish a baseline and make the car more responsive to any mods to come (you mentioned h/c/i or blower).

OP
OP
RICE ETR

RICE ETR

Reaction score
Well i'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a new exhaust system. I really did like the sound of the flowmaster but the fitment sucked, chopped off the tailpipes to accommodate the 285's and to prevent rubbing on the frame. I smell like 'gas' after coming home as per my wife lol. The system was also installed by the previous owner, I don't know how many Canadian winters it's been through but it looks rough to say the least!

I'm thinking about the Magnaflow Magnapack system, will update with my decision and install photos.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online