1994 mustang GT

dev199505

Reaction score
When performing the koeo self test in getting code 55. Car will start but wont idle very well and dies if I let off the throttle. Once moving though car is fine I can set cruise control and everything is good. This leads me to believe the ECM is fine. Has anyone else experienced this code?. To try and resolve the idle issue ive fixed all vacuum leaks. Replaced the MAF, cleaned the IACV ive even replaced the fuel pump and filter since the pump was super loud. Is there any thing else I should check? Is the ECM dead?

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
How do you know 100% that you fixed all vacuum leaks??? And just because you cleaned the iac doesn’t mean it’s not bad.

Your Ecm is fine or you wouldn’t be able to drive the car. Your having an ideal issue which 90% of the time is either unmetered air(vacuum leak) or a bad iac.

What mods have you done??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

dev199505

Reaction score
How do you know 100% that you fixed all vacuum leaks??? And just because you cleaned the iac doesn’t mean it’s not bad.

Your Ecm is fine or you wouldn’t be able to drive the car. Your having an ideal issue which 90% of the time is either unmetered air(vacuum leak) or a bad iac.

What mods have you done??

Its bone stock

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Its bone stock

So back to my first question. How did you verify there’s no more vac leaks????? If you didn’t smoke test it then I’d say good chance you still have leaks.

OP
OP
D

dev199505

Reaction score
So back to my first question. How did you verify there’s no more vac leaks????? If you didn’t smoke test it then I’d say good chance you still have leaks.

I did a smoke test with a cigar, I'm leaning towards idle air control valve now. I unhook the vacuum line to the brake booster to do the cigar smoke test, I forgot to hook it back up and went to start the car and it somewhat idled it didn't die

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I did a smoke test with a cigar, I'm leaning towards idle air control valve now. I unhook the vacuum line to the brake booster to do the cigar smoke test, I forgot to hook it back up and went to start the car and it somewhat idled it didn't die

My iac gave me issues once. The autozone one I bought made it hang bad on the rpms. I cleaned my factory one and oiled it and it started working again.

Moral of this story. Don’t buy it from autozone

OP
OP
D

dev199505

Reaction score
My iac gave me issues once. The autozone one I bought made it hang bad on the rpms. I cleaned my factory one and oiled it and it started working again.

Moral of this story. Don’t buy it from autozone

Good to know. I was talking to a tuner and he told me about the plug by the battery that grounds the ECU. He told me to wire it directly to the battery. Seems to idle better still not perfect but he said that could be because the EGR isnt tuned out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online