1995 GT Convertible = REGRET for my SWAP

wkualum

Reaction score
New member guys. Thanks for having me. Bear with me on this...as I am having some serious regret.

Backstory - I have owned a 1994 manual V6 since May of 1995. I bought this car with 15,007 miles on it as a high school graduation present. Spent my life savings on it at that point. lol. It's been in my brother's barn since 2003. I couldn't afford a 5.0 but always told myself I would eventually do an engine swap.

Fast forward to present day - a couple months ago my brother bought a boat and my car needed to go. So....I have to get it next weekend. I was rushing to buy a running 5.0 so I could take both cars to someone who would do the job. Still taking reccomendations...near Flint MI btw. So tonight I go look at a 1995 GT convertible with 92,000 original miles. It was in a fender bender and the front quarter is messed up. It purrs like a kitten though. Sounds great. untouched - and no mods. It's an automatic though! I let myself get talked into an automatic!!! WHAT WAS I THINKING! ??????????

I am having some serious regret about 5 hours after paying the guy $2500 for this car. Someone please tell me it'll be ok and I should enjoy the benefits of an automatic ha ha

Attachments

• TANG1.jpg
    TANG1.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 8
  • TANG2.jpg
    TANG2.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 8

OpalFrostGT

Reaction score
It will be just fine. My wife says I should have been a Psychiatrist instead of a Brain Surgeon...LOL. Many times we worry about things that never appear. Enjoy your automatic, we love ours!

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You’re going to be just fine. If you wanted to keep you manual, then keep it. It should all bolt up to the 5.0, you’ll just need a tune afterward.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
This is also going to depend on the shops ability, as long as they do good work, you’ll be fine.