1995 GT Temp Gauge

Snazzysaucedude

Reaction score
I've been having this issue past few weeks with my 1995 5.0 where the gauge would only rise just before the N in normal and little after the C. I've already done the Thermostat TWICE, my Temp sensor TWICE and still does the same thing. I bled my coolant system when I did the T stat twice and the coolant level is fine. I hear the electric fan turn off and on intermittently like it would normally do on a operating temp engine. Couple days I go I was driving and I noticed the temp gauge was in the middle where its normally always sat before. I was shocked to see that but then it slowly dropped back down to in between the C and N. I tried finding posts on this but no one seems to have this issue.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
just out of stupidity, which temp sensor did you change? The one on top of the lower intake?

Corey Cates

Reaction score
I replaced my water pump, all coolant hoses, overflow tank, radiator and my sn95 gt is still overheating. I bought Lmr's electric fan controller but haven't installed it. Car was running completely fine until yesterday. I drove it out to Phoenix here in Az. All the way back home in Mesa and it went over L close to the H

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
do you have the air deflector on the bottom of the core support? It is just a C-shaped piece of plastic but it did an important job in the design of the airflow

Corey Cates

Reaction score
I think I know what's going on. My ac works just fine but the electric fan doesn't kick on like its supposed to at operating temperature. The CCRM has 3 relays located in the passenger side fender liner with 3 relays. 1 for fuel pump, 1 for low/ and 1 high for the electric fan. While I'm at it I mine as well check or replace my temperature sensor

FordCountry

Reaction score
My gauge reads a little funky on my 94 Cobra as well. It usually stays quite low down around the N to O range. I have heard these are just kind of shitty gauges from Ford. Many people seem to recommend going aftermarket for coolant temp gaugery. I may do this in the future.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
All the gauges are ran through the computer and dumbed down a bit to not make the driver nervous. I personally saw my car get hot enough it was pulling timing to try and cool itself on a dyno in phoenix but the gauge never got above the end of the normal range.

lutter94

Reaction score
I'm not sure if the 94/95 is setup to run through the ECM before going to the gauges. Aren't there two temp sensors? One for the ECM one for the gauge? Oil pressure switch does not go to the ECM, I am pretty confident.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yes there are two and that was in my 94 when I saw it overheating but showing no signs on the gauge. That is why everyone goes to aftermarket gauge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online