1995 Saleen clone rebuild

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You would be surprised how many times iv seen loose distributor including mine
Then when I climb in my 4.6 cars I forget no distributor in it when it runs crappy

All the more reason I’m happy my pushrod will no longer have a dizzy. [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
totalchaos

totalchaos

Reaction score
Think we might swap a set of 4.10 gears into the car. Anyone have idea what the cruising rpm would be for roughly 65-70 mph might be with 26'' tall tires and a t5.

OP
OP
totalchaos

totalchaos

Reaction score
Got the car fired up again. The dist hold down wasn't tight enough I guess. Installing a line loc so he can do a burn out to hopefully get some traction. Does anyone know if the prop. valve has sae or metric threads? I'm guessing metric , if so what size?

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Got the car fired up again. The dist hold down wasn't tight enough I guess. Installing a line loc so he can do a burn out to hopefully get some traction. Does anyone know if the prop. valve has sae or metric threads? I'm guessing metric , if so what size?
I think it is metric

OP
OP
totalchaos

totalchaos

Reaction score
So ever since the motor was put in the car , the dome light quit working and when you pressed the unlock button on the door switch it would pop the trunk. Well did some looking at the plugs that are in front of the computer. Found a pin bent over in the connector , guess it got bent some how when I plugged it back in , after having the computer out to install the sct chip in it. Glad that it's fixed and working again like how it is suppose to.
Really want to replace the throttle body with an 80mm one. I'm thinking the 75mm one is a little on the small side.

OP
OP
totalchaos

totalchaos

Reaction score
So I used a convertible top switch for the line loc switch. I popped out the useless coin holder , wired up the switch and dropped it in the coin holder hole. Should be able to use the switch to operate a 2 step when we get one for the car. We arte trying to keep most of the stuff inside the car hid the best we can. Picking up a stand alone shift light this weekend for it and plan to try and put in the a/c vent in radio bezel.

OP
OP
totalchaos

totalchaos

Reaction score
Got the shift light mounted , wired , and programmed. Kind of a pain in the ass to mount in it the a/c vent , as I had to remove all the flappers in the vent on the left side. Will mostly do the same to the right side just so it matches better.

OP
OP
totalchaos

totalchaos

Reaction score
Thinking about an msd 6al-2 box for the 2 step feature. Whats everyone opinion on adding a box to the ignition system. Would also be adding an msd coil too. I think it would be a good addition for when we start spraying the car.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thinking about an msd 6al-2 box for the 2 step feature. Whats everyone opinion on adding a box to the ignition system. Would also be adding an msd coil too. I think it would be a good addition for when we start spraying the car.

Stay clear of msd. Too many have been left stranded by their coils and distributors.

Factory distributor is most reliable and step up to a Screamin Demon coil.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have actually started to hear good things about them again for the first time in 10-15 yrs now. From what I heard they were knocked off well enough that it was hard to tell and bad enough to flood the market. When holley took over they were supposed to have taken better QC of stuff and went after the knock offs to get them to quit. All the years you have been saying this and I have even said the same I have had had a msd coil on the car all the way back from the desert in AZ 12 yrs ago. I had it on the car out there for years and never had an issue.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I still stand by Screamin Demon. They’ve been around for quite a while and I know several who’ve had them on multiple vehicles with great results.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I still a a 6al sitting here
I put it it on the car and I can't tell difference
I think my tune is way better

OP
OP
totalchaos

totalchaos

Reaction score
I would be adding a box mostly for the 2 step feature. Figured an upgrade on the coil wouldn't hurt either. I'm guessing the computer has a built in rev limiter in the tune?

OP
OP
totalchaos

totalchaos

Reaction score
Picked up a pair of chrome cobra rims today. 17x9 to mount a set of 275/40/17 drag radials.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online