1995 V6 Side Exit Exhaust Help

StoicPanaphobic

Reaction score
Alright, so, I want side exit exhaust, no problem, right?

Well, it's kind of more complicated than that.

I want to use MAC Longtube Headers, and thanks to the state of Virginia I need catalytic converters and mufflers. Chambered Pipes are not considered mufflers here.

I want a pipe on each side of the car, coming out before the tires.

Any advice as to how?

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm no help here.
I'm not sure if I've actually ever seen side exhaust done on a v6.

Sounds like something you'd have to get a shop to custom make.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Put on the MAC Longtubes, a set of high flow cats, MAC Flowpath mufflers and have a shop bend a pipe on each side for the side exhaust.

OP
OP
S

StoicPanaphobic

Reaction score
Where do you weld/bolt/attach the cats to? Directly to the headers?

Also, I'm confused, are bullet-shaped "mufflers" even mufflers or are they chambered pipes? I wanted to get the Pypes M80, I forgot to mention in the starting post.

So, it basically goes Headers, bolt cats directly to the headers, put pipe straight to the cat, resonator to the pipe, and then mandrel bent 45 degree pipe from the resonator, with tip at the end?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Header pipe connects too the mid pipe. The mid pipe has the cats and the X/H connection(in a dual exhaust not sure on the 6'rs), which connects to the muffler, to the tips.

OP
OP
S

StoicPanaphobic

Reaction score
What if I wanted to keep it divorced, or is that not an option? I'm so sorry I left so much out.

I want to try to keep it divorced, and I want to use Pypes M80 Mufflers.

So, I would have to take a piece of 2.5" pipe, cut it in half, weld the cat into the pipe, attach that to the headers, and then attach that pipe to the resonator with the mandrel bent at the end of the resonator?

Or, should I just get a mid-pipe custom fab'd?

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Headers, than I'm pretty sure you can use a GT H pipe (comes with cats from factory) have dual exhaust run to the mufflers of your choice and run it out each side [MENTION=13575]9838stang[/MENTION]

9838stang

Reaction score
I have stock headers and cats. I had a shop weld in my first exhaust set up which were divorce and used stock gt cat back. I now have 99-04 gt magnaflow cat back which sounds pretty good. O have been looking for long tubes for my car but tlno one makes a set for 98. The 98 is the bastard year and has different emissions.

silverv6

Reaction score
I have roush side exhaust on my sixxer running mac long tubes and a custom off road x pipe (living in florida we have no emissions. You can bolt the side exit exhaust up as long as you have a muffler and it should be fine. The headers is where you may have to be careful what you do.

Above118

Reaction score
what part of Va do you live in? bc where im at (richmond area) we have no emissions...:confused:

LilRoush

Reaction score
I'd skip the long tubes, personally. They are a pain to deal with - especially when keeping the car street legal.

There are only two muffler set ups on the pushrod V6 worth running. Magnaflow or Spin Tech. I ran both, and kept the Spin Tech.

If you MUST have your long tubes, have a shop weld cats in after them. The mufflers you want will have the inlet and outlet on the same end (like the Spin Tech 333SCS). The cats will feed into the mufflers (in the factory location), then the mufflers have a 90 degree bend that shoots straight out the side. Spin Tech and Magnaflow both sell V6 cat backs that bolt right to the factory Y pipe.

This is the Spin Tech set up that is a direct replacement for the 'stock' Roush side exit on the SN95 cars to give you an idea of what it will look like.

roush_side_exhaust_system_spintech.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online