miscreant

Reaction score
MPN: 49143
Tools:
Medium Philips Screw Driver
Trim Removal Tool
Deep Socket 11mm with your choice of ratchet
Flashlight
Links will take you to a picture of what I am talking about in the step above the link.

1) Pop your trunk
2) Remove the trim around the decklid striker (there should be 4 plastic push pin fasteners), once the fasteners are removed the hard black plastic trim should come right off

73f3a0fb0d0090acb6468e4e8989fa41.jpg

3) Using your Philips screw driver remove the nut type plastic trim fasteners holding on the most rearward carpet trunk trim, this will give you the easiest access to removing the nuts holding on your tail lights

38950dff6bf0db6fec44b77086806f99.jpg

cf5f2c8f9f899d56c72b8a622a7c9f22.jpg

4) Removed the four 11mm nuts holding on your tail lights and be careful not to drop or lose them ( the driver side will be a little trickier as there is a plastic trim piece in the way of the most outward positioned tail light retaining nut)

e3ed5a15730f87ddfd5f331f95f180c0.jpg

5) Unclip the main taillight harness connector for each side

312026dcd65fe0690c73c2a9f644e628.jpg

6) Pull out your headlights by giving them a slight horizontal wiggle and guiding them out
7) By turning the light sockets to the left a quarter turn or so the lights will come out and you can lay the housing on the ground

3a137481117b8e39c3bde2b455f28035.jpg

8) Gently push the tail light harness out by starting in one place and pushing from the inside of the trunk out and then guiding the connector out of the grommet hole
9) remove all of the light bulb from the tail light sockets and install them into the Raxiom sockets (the tail light bulbs are all dual element and go into the sockets labeled 1,2, and 3 with the reverse light bulb being a single element and going in the unmarked socket)
10) With all the bulbs in guide the main connector through the grommet whole and connect it to the factory connector (mine required a little more push to get them to click into the retainer clip, just make sure to line up the connector first so that you don't break a pin in the connector)

40bf69327f22e768f5148dc16c6805e7.jpg

11) Test out your lights by putting the hazards on and putting the car in reverse with the e-brake on and the engine off
12) Once you have verified the lights work correctly put the bulbs and their sockets in their correct tail light position with the socket labeled 1 on the inner most position and the socket labeled 3 on the outer most position, the unmarked reverse light bulb socket will going on the lower position
13) Tuck the solid state electronic device (the little black box on the harness) into the middle of the housing so that the housing can sit flush against the body
14) Run down the four 11mm nuts on each housing with you hands and snug them up with your deep 11mm socket and ratchet being sure to not drop or lose any or overtighten the nuts
15) Reinstall your carpet trim panel into place and put the plastic trim nut retainers back into place on the remaining thread on the tail light housing stud and tighten it down with your philips screwdriver
16) Reinstall the hard black plastic decklid striker trim with the four plastic fasteners
17) Enjoy your sequential tail lights!
Notes: If you would like to slow down the sequential effect Raxiom sells two relays to achieve this. One for use with LED bulbs and the other for use with standard incandescent bulbs.
Incandescent relay: MPN# 99032
LED relay: MPN# 388878

Last edited:

delling3

Reaction score
Thanks for the write up. Santa left one of these kits under my tree. The only suggestion I have is to add the photo's into the post, instead of linking them to a google account. Having to load each picture is a little frustrating.

OP
OP
M

miscreant

Reaction score
Thanks for the write up. Santa left one of these kits under my tree. The only suggestion I have is to add the photo's into the post, instead of linking them to a google account. Having to load each picture is a little frustrating.

I’m still trying to find an alternative to google links that are free. I would use photobucket but can’t justify paying for the subscription. Thanks for the suggestion and hope it helps.

PinkieT

Reaction score
I put sequential lights on both our cars using a splice in kit (harder to do than a plug in, but not too difficult) and the special relay. Very happy with the results!

OP
OP
M

miscreant

Reaction score
I put sequential lights on both our cars using a splice in kit (harder to do than a plug in, but not too difficult) and the special relay. Very happy with the results!

I look forward to upgrading to leds soon. Tail light tint and relay are already on their way to wrap up the rear.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’m still trying to find an alternative to google links that are free. I would use photobucket but can’t justify paying for the subscription. Thanks for the suggestion and hope it helps.

Download Tapatalk to your phone or tablet. Log into the forums. Then post pics straight from your device

Your welcome. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

miscreant

Reaction score
Download Tapatalk to your phone or tablet. Log into the forums. Then post pics straight from your device

Your welcome. :)

Awesome! Thank you!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome! Thank you!

Your welcome. And for a test run you can tap on your first post and hit edit, then delete the pic links and replace with pics!!!! [emoji1787]

OP
OP
M

miscreant

Reaction score
Edited the thread with Tapatalk to insert pictures into the the thread rather than just a link. Hopefully it works and is easier to follow.

OP
OP
M

miscreant

Reaction score
Good write up man! I'd like to get a set of these eventually

Thanks! I love them so far. They give these older mustangs a little touch of modern. I highly suggest the relay though. You really get the full effect when it’s slowed down.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
miscreant said:
6) Pull out your headlights by giving them a slight horizontal wiggle and guiding them out

Good write up. I've been editing other people's writing all night, so, I could not help but notice you were talking about tail lights, and here you mentioned headlights :)

I need to build harnesses for the cobra tail lights.

OP
OP
M

miscreant

Reaction score
Good write up. I've been editing other people's writing all night, so, I could not help but notice you were talking about tail lights, and here you mentioned headlights :)

I need to build harnesses for the cobra tail lights.

Edited to fix that. Thank you! Must have been thinking of a future mod ;)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think I saw they are trying to get $50 for that flasher that slows then down? Hit me up and I will do it for $25 if you send me your old flasher.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online